2011 Caprice 9c3 Detective

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
tripplea63

2011 Caprice 9c3 Detective

Post by tripplea63 »

Hey guys been reading the forum for a while as a guest and decided to sign up. There's some good info here some a little confusing than other but all still useful. I just became the new owner of the black 9c3 in Denver that one of the other users was talking about on Friday. So far it has been a fun car to drive minus the fact of only being able to listen to the radio. Hopefully I'll be able to get some help here with getting all the correct hardware to make it fully functional again.
Attachments
4-1.jpg
4-1.jpg (67.6 KiB) Viewed 14782 times
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: 2011 Caprice 9c3 Detective

Post by Navy Lifer »

Welcome--looks nice, and to confirm, as a 9C3, your car is fully carpeted with cloth rear seat and "conventional" floor shifter?

I missed the miles on this one--assume the car was in service, rather than new?

Are the windows dark-tinted? Did the car come to you that way, or did you add the tint?

Can you provide a close-up of the side "fender vent" and outside rear-view mirror(s)?

The vent looks like it has a light in it, and it's hard to tell, but the mirror cover seems to have something that isn't stock-appearing.

Thanks!
tripplea63

Post by tripplea63 »

Navy Lifer wrote:Welcome--looks nice, and to confirm, as a 9C3, your car is fully carpeted with cloth rear seat and "conventional" floor shifter?

I missed the miles on this one--assume the car was in service, rather than new?

Are the windows dark-tinted? Did the car come to you that way, or did you add the tint?

Can you provide a close-up of the side "fender vent" and outside rear-view mirror(s)?

The vent looks like it has a light in it, and it's hard to tell, but the mirror cover seems to have something that isn't stock-appearing.

Thanks!

Thanks for having me. And yes my car is fully carpeted with cloth rear seats and the shifter in the middle not offset. Also has carpet in the trunk as for the vents go they have a set of Whelen strobes installed in them one side blue the other red. It also has some sort of an adapter on the roof for a Whelen lightbar and the mirrors have plugs in them from where somthing was there. It had 9300 miles on the odometer and the windows were already tinted when i purchased it the vehicle was never in service it was used as a demo vehicle for a company here in Colorado that sales and outfits emergency vehicles. I'll post more pictures soon.
Dan Meagher

Post by Dan Meagher »

Nice car congrats. I really need a radio upgrade also
2013 9c1 6.0
2012 Silverado
2000 HD Deuce
dmeagher@nedda.com
tripplea63

Post by tripplea63 »

Dan Meagher wrote: I really need a radio upgrade also
My plan is to send it over to the guy that reprograms them but i can't be without heat in the winter for any amount of time. And also I was still a lil confused on what functions will work once it's back or if other hardware was needed to make it functional
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

That is the one I helped with correct?

You should be able to find some parts on eBay or http://www.car-parts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to replace those mirrors. When looking at Car Parts you may not find mirrors or other stuff, I will generally look for wheels or hub caps and call them for the other stuff.
tripplea63

Post by tripplea63 »

K9Vic wrote:That is the one I helped with correct?
Not sure what you mean when you say helped on?
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Welcome to the group! Good looking car and congrats. Are you from the Denver area? I am located near Omaha, NE.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

tripplea63 wrote:
On this topic, the one I noted where it came from and what the pod was on top.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=322&start=50#p5634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, the radio mod from White Auto is only the programming, you have to make the USB and video cables. Contact Tom Slick here about the USB cables, he may still make them but I do not know for sure.
tripplea63

Post by tripplea63 »

K9Vic wrote:
tripplea63 wrote:
On this topic, the one I noted where it came from and what the pod was on top.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=322&start=50#p5634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, the radio mod from White Auto is only the programming, you have to make the USB and video cables. Contact Tom Slick here about the USB cables, he may still make them but I do not know for sure.
Oh ok yes you were the one that posted it.. when i ran across that post i had the vehicle for about 2days but you were absolutely correct I've actually been in contact with the company that up fitted the car for some work. As far as the radio goes is there any tips you have on getting it out? Sounds like it's a PITA from other posts