2011 9C3 Just brought home from Ohio

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
bsparks72

Re: 2011 9C3 Just brought home from Ohio

Post by bsparks72 »

Yeah, and not a terrible price, considering some parts pricing. http://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-parts ... heels-scat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Brandon
2012 9C1 L77 - 228/234, .604/.609 112 cam, JBA shorty headers, Solo high-flow cats, X-pipe, Cherry Bomb single-chamber mufflers (Frankenstein exhaust), Roto-Fab CAI, CTS-V torque converter, 3.45 Camaro diff, G8 red/black seats/steering wheel
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Thanks for the above thats the cheapest i've seen for caps, wonder if they charge some insane shipping? Otherwise I'm thinking camaro take offs might be better. In answer to another couple questions its was located at Progressive Dodge in Canton OH, they seemed totally clueless how it got there, some sales guy actually called the trade in office while i was there even and got nothing... Its never registered as police or gov use wasn't sold till fall 2011. Its a 9C3 package so those full plastic wheel covers are over the standard steel 18" rims for someone else that asked...
Thanks for advice guys I'm very happy overall the BS issues disappear as soon as you hit the skinny pedal

migs
bsparks72

Post by bsparks72 »

They're reasonable on shipping. I've bought a couple of RKE transmitter keyless fobs, a fan blade, and a sunvisor clip from them. All have shipped quickly with updates provided on shipping status. I was told by 2 other online GM parts dealers that the blade was on backorder, and who knows when to expect it. This place said it wasn't, and he could get it. It shipped in 2-3 days. I've been happy so far.

PS on the Camaro wheels...be sure your overall tire diameter stays very close to stock, at least for the front. My car came with incorrect 245/55/18 on the stock wheels. Not a whole lot taller than stock. My fronts rubbed the struts bad enough (like all the time, not just on turns etc.) to ruin the tires in short order.

Stock tire: 235/50/18
overall tire diameter: 27.3

Incorrect tire: 245/55/18
overall tire diameter: 28.6

Use this to check your approximate tire diameter if you're not sure. I think anything at or over a 28" diameter tire will rub.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Brandon
2012 9C1 L77 - 228/234, .604/.609 112 cam, JBA shorty headers, Solo high-flow cats, X-pipe, Cherry Bomb single-chamber mufflers (Frankenstein exhaust), Roto-Fab CAI, CTS-V torque converter, 3.45 Camaro diff, G8 red/black seats/steering wheel
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Wow, Brandon, so you can't put too much tire under the car? That's upsetting.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
bsparks72

Post by bsparks72 »

I think you can clear quite a bit of tire, as long as the tire height isn't much more than stock. The tire will rub the bottom of the strut plate/spring perch. Under the plate, there's a lot more room for the tire to go towards the strut. Even at the stock tire height I can probably get a pinky finger between the tire and the plate.
Attachments
strut.jpg
strut.jpg (16.35 KiB) Viewed 10641 times
-Brandon
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I have the same issue with our 3rdGen Firebird, only the opposite direction. 16" wheels are a problem, but I can get another 1.5-2" I we run a 18" wheel. Struts sux in this instance.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
klevrgrafix

Post by klevrgrafix »

xcidmigs wrote:That dealership was a real PIA, They did not want to discuss the price at all, not that it was unfair or anything but I've never bought a car where there was no negotiating the price, I ended up buying it with their agreement of waving the processing fees etc so it was $20100 total out the door and they made a giant mess of it after that because I live 400 miles away and they wouldn't hold the sale on my credit card for more than 24 hrs. I managed to swing it anyways, it was -17 the morning of the sale in Ohio... What we do for a car right.... The quarter windows i didn't even notice were missing the trim until I got home and i emailed the sales guy who of course HAS NOT EVEN RESPONDED..... I have a feeling they will tell me I'm SOL on that issue and other damage i find which is very minimal the car is like new still. Any thoughts on first mod besides removing the wheel covers?
Dibs on the wheel covers if you decide to sell them! :)

Nice looking car, by the way! I can't wait to find mine!
Mike Summers
KLEVR Grafix | klevrgrafix.com
2012 Chrysler 300
2011 GMC Acadia Denali
2004 Ford CVPI