New Guy with a PPV

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
IDLife Caprice

New Guy with a PPV

Post by IDLife Caprice »

Well I just bought my first New Caprice PPV and I am a sure looking forward to switching from the Tahoe PPV!!

I travel all over the USA to share the word about IDLife... and I am sure this will make a great TX2K16 sleeper!!

David
bsparks72

Re: New Guy with a PPV

Post by bsparks72 »

Welcome aboard!
-Brandon
2012 9C1 L77 - 228/234, .604/.609 112 cam, JBA shorty headers, Solo high-flow cats, X-pipe, Cherry Bomb single-chamber mufflers (Frankenstein exhaust), Roto-Fab CAI, CTS-V torque converter, 3.45 Camaro diff, G8 red/black seats/steering wheel
Caprice Cop

Post by Caprice Cop »

Where did you get your PPV. I was under the impression that the Caprice was not for sale in the US except for law enforcement. Please correct me if I am wrong.
LA9C1

Post by LA9C1 »

People are getting them used from dealerships or at auctions. Just do a search on Autotrader and a bunch pop up.
Caprice Cop wrote:Where did you get your PPV. I was under the impression that the Caprice was not for sale in the US except for law enforcement. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Caprice Cop

Post by Caprice Cop »

OK great. I drive a 2014 for my department and didn't know they made it to the civilian market yet.
The fastest police car I have driven in my 20 plus years.
bsparks72

Post by bsparks72 »

Some were able to get theirs brand new, and after GM effectively shut that down, some dealers have titled leftover cars and sold them as used, but with very low miles and effectively new. Other than that, a good number have also gotten miles on them quickly and gone to auction. My 2012 was purchased in January with 101k miles. Doesn't bother me, as I'll put the next 100k on it.
-Brandon
2012 9C1 L77 - 228/234, .604/.609 112 cam, JBA shorty headers, Solo high-flow cats, X-pipe, Cherry Bomb single-chamber mufflers (Frankenstein exhaust), Roto-Fab CAI, CTS-V torque converter, 3.45 Camaro diff, G8 red/black seats/steering wheel
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Caprice Cop wrote:Where did you get your PPV. I was under the impression that the Caprice was not for sale in the US except for law enforcement. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Several of us have been lucky enough to buy these as "Used" cars. Mine had 41 miles on it when I bought it "Used" from a dealer who had gotten tired of seeing it set on his lot for 2 years. Mine showed up on AutoTrader and I called right away. Next day it was mine.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
Caprice Cop

Post by Caprice Cop »

What size engines do your civilian models have in them?
Chris_HT

Post by Chris_HT »

I have 6.0 V8 - but V6 and V8, the same models that police use end up available for private purchase - there is no difference in power or 'sport mode' options.
bsparks72

Post by bsparks72 »

These are cool cars in their own right, but I think it defeats the purpose to get a V6. I'd say the vast majority here feel the same way, and thus have the 6.0. Several have done quite a few mods to make them quite a bit faster than stock. I haven't done a whole lot...yet.
-Brandon