New Guy with a PPV

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
9C1fanatic

Re: New Guy with a PPV

Post by 9C1fanatic »

Caprice Cop wrote:What size engines do your civilian models have in them?
The Zeta platform based Caprice is only available in the US as a pursuit rated police package vehicle. There are no civilian counterparts available unless one was privately imported but I have never seen one.
Garner Ames

1975 Pontiac Grand Am L77 - 14.82 @ 92.89
1991 Chevrolet C1500 L31 Vortec/5 Speed
2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LM7
2014 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 L77 - 13.60 @ 105.87
2019 Chevrolet Express 3500 L96
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

CC, if you go to our "links" section you'll see that I have a quick pre-defined search for Autotrader set up. You can search dealer inventory and private ads all around the US.

There's a number of ways around the GM sale ban. Buying cars as "used" or "certified" off GM dealer lots is the way a lot of people here have obtained cars. My car was a GM corporate fleet demo, sold through the GM dealer auction in Sarasota, FL to Marone Chevrolet in Ft. Lauderdale, FL (before they became AutoNation), then consigned to a dealer directly outside of Atlanta, GA. It had 9K miles on it when I purchased in mid 2012.

Also... these cars have the full police powertrain just as cars delivered to agencies do. Most of the owners here obtained their cars with 6.0l engines, I think there's a few 3.6's kicking around but I'm honestly not sure. 99% of the cars here are PPV's, there's one or two Utes in the bunch amongst our users that went through Randy's operation in Denver.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

And... David, welcome aboard! Let us know what goodies the Dulles Airport PD left in your car.... and if you can find out how they blew the motor.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Caprice Cop

Post by Caprice Cop »

Mine is black with the 6.0. PPV