New member in So Cal

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Bowtie Junkman

New member in So Cal

Post by Bowtie Junkman »

Hello to all. I am new to this forum, but not to the forum "experience" ....
As the handle implies, I am a hard-core Chevy guy who has spent his life in the used parts industry ... culminating in the ownership of my own yard for 10 years here in the So Cal area.
Recent daily drivers have included a modded 2010 Camaro SS, Trailblazer SS and C6 Corvette. As far as classics are concerned, my last few cruise cars were a body-off '57 Nomad Resto-mod, blown Pro-Street '66 Chevy II, 510hp alum-head 406 '71 El Camino, and bagged, flamed '57 Chevy 150 handy-man wagon that was on the cover of Chevy Hi-Performance magazine.
What brings me here is the new addition of a 2011 9C3 with 27K miles (black on black). My buddy picked it up at a local auction with very light right front corner damage.
I am looking forward to the new project and creating a unique and formidable daily driver ... and (as usual) look to the experts for advice.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: New member in So Cal

Post by smwalker »

Welcome!

Is this the one you got:
http://www.kenporterauctions.com/vehicl ... ?id=182369" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great list of cars, sounds like your caprice will be something to see. Speaking of that I think we got about 4 or 5 members in LA now, Have to have a little meet up someday!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Hey Junkman....I'm something of a SoCal guy, too--even though it's on a temporary basis, having moved away in 2003, but will be spending more time in the San Diego area off & on for the next year or more.

I've not met Steve or any others with a PPV located in the area, yet. The SS owners are starting to have some regular events, and it seems to me that we might tag-team with them at least once in awhile. It may or may not work out, but we should have more in common with them than any other group, even though it might be argued the PPV & G8 actually match-up better. Either way, the approach can be inclusive or exclusive, but it would be interesting to see what others are doing.

My own PPV is in GA, and I don't expect to have it out here, at least for now.

I'm responding to your spring question. I need to talk to you about some vintage parts matters, so I'll get a PM to you in that regard.

Welcome!
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Junkman,
Welcome to the group! You will appreciate the group here. Lot's of good people and info.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

more about a possible event to participate in....

http://www.ssforums.com/forum/events-me ... urday.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry I won't be around/able to attend.
jpalmer

Post by jpalmer »

Howdy Junkman!

Welcome aboard! I'm new as well and so far this place is great!
Jeff

2013 Caprice PPV 6.0L
1996 Caprice LT1 B4U - Sold - So long my friend - it was a great 17 years!
2004 Suburban 2500 6.0L 4x4
2023 Silverado 3500 High Country
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Hey any socal guys if you can make it come on out this Saturday. I do not want to be the only Caprice there!!

http://www.ssforums.com/forum/events-me ... urday.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome to the lone ranger Caprice club. I've been solo last three years at the G8 regional meet.... definitely outnumbered!
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.