G8 seats & console install questions

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
wigid

Re: G8 seats & console install questions

Post by wigid »

i have done the conversion.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the plug for the seat airbag was different between the G8 and Caprice. So i just took the complete airbag as well as the seat stalk from the Caprice seats and put it into the G8 seats.
08 Pontiac G8
12 Caprice PPV
13 Vf Commodore ute
15 Chevy SS sedan
17 SS VF commodore wagon
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

I was hoping to not have to disasemble the seats, I don't really mind the manual recline and lumbar

Four of the five plugs are the same as the PPV, the only one that's different is a big white plug with 7 wires in it
I was hoping the seat heaters were the extra plug...
Do you know which plug the airbag is?
wigid

Post by wigid »

The airbag is usually yellow and a separate plug. in this picture you can see it on the bottom left corner. From memory the caprice and G8 had different yellow plugs. I did not want to mess with the airbag wiring so i removed the airbag and wiring from the caprice and fitted it without modification to the G8 seat.
08 Pontiac G8
12 Caprice PPV
13 Vf Commodore ute
15 Chevy SS sedan
17 SS VF commodore wagon
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I know there is a WIP thread on this forum on what it takes to rewire the Caprice seat to work with the G8 power seat rack. I'm hoping to find it when I do that project. It's probably in the electrical section.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

On the G8 seats, do they go any lower than the Caprice seats once installed? I always feel like the Caprice seats should be able to go a little lower.
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

91C02920 wrote:On the G8 seats, do they go any lower than the Caprice seats once installed? I always feel like the Caprice seats should be able to go a little lower.
Not that I've noticed, I wouldn't think so, with the frames being essentially (if not exactly) the same
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

wigid, i finally got around to tearing all the seats apart and redoing them. surprisingly easy to do like you said in the thread lol.

i still wonder if the airbag light wasnt because i didn't have the passenger weight sensor plugged in, the wires are in the heater plug on the g8 seat so i couldn't plug it in

to many mosquitos around to go outside and test such things...
wigid

Post by wigid »

indianajoe wrote:wigid, i finally got around to tearing all the seats apart and redoing them. surprisingly easy to do like you said in the thread lol.

i still wonder if the airbag light wasnt because i didn't have the passenger weight sensor plugged in, the wires are in the heater plug on the g8 seat so i couldn't plug it in

to many mosquitos around to go outside and test such things...
It surprised me how easy it is to do too.

I am actually changing mine. picked up a whole Holden Caprice interior when i was in Australia in July. It is floating across the pacific as we speak. i am not sure how the DVD monitors will hook up.
08 Pontiac G8
12 Caprice PPV
13 Vf Commodore ute
15 Chevy SS sedan
17 SS VF commodore wagon
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

bringing this thread back because i've got an issue with the diagram of the G8 console button assembly
smwalker wrote:
mine is different?
the black connector is out of order, and is missing the two black wires.
I'm finally getting around to trying to hook up the traction button (although it doesn't work because of other issues...) and the seat heaters, and tapshift
Attachments
File_000 (1).jpeg
File_000 (1).jpeg (139.74 KiB) Viewed 15812 times
tedwards0633

Post by tedwards0633 »

Following