Couple of new mods

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
CrashTestDummy

Couple of new mods

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Well, we were getting tired of not getting any respect. Actually, it seemed we'd get treated with contempt, once others on the road saw it was not LEO in the driver's seat. So, we got the windows tinted:

Looks great, just can't put the windows down for a while. We're also supposed to park the car out in the sun to let things kind of 'bake' in. I did that yesterday, and kind of figure life in the 120-deg F garage will do the rest. I'm liking it so far, and the car does feel a bit cooler inside.

Additionally, we got an extra set of fender inserts, and had them painted to match the car. I finally got them put in while I was giving the car a bath:

Before:

After:

It's really nice in the sun, but I was kind of cooked after a full day doing chores outside. When we got the inserts painted, we also had them do the rear deck spoiler. That install will have to wait for another day, as I was too done to start trying to measure and drill. :o

All-in-all, a great day, in spite of the heat.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
CrashTestDummy

Re: Couple of new mods

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Well, hopefully the pictures don't show up as upside down as they do on my ancient iPad, but I went out to the garage to see my bride off this morning, and had to comment at how badass the car looks with the tinted windows and body color-matched fender inserts. :mrgreen:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Looks good sir, I keep wondering if somehow a generic amber LED strip light could be attached to the outside line of those fender vents, maybe i should just buy the spare set and experiment.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Might work. There'd be space to drill holes there for wiring and attaching to the piece. You'd have to carefully-select decent-looking LED strips.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?