White dash clips

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
smwalker
Administration Staff

White dash clips

Post by smwalker »

Emailed my favorite Clips and Fasteners place near me and they found a good supply of our white dash trim clips.

Clips and Fasners - GM part Number 92139070

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: White dash clips

Post by Navy Lifer »

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/92139070" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - note that this part from GM carries a list price of $5.03--but I can't confirm if this for a single part or a 5 or 10-count package.

Steve's found them at $12.71 for a pack of 25, so the cost is about $0.50 per piece.

Good find!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

They do come in 10 packs but not sure if every dealer would sell you the whole pack or piece it out to you at $5 a piece like they like to do with fasteners.

Here is CP's great guide to fasteners:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=23083" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Found an even better deal at $0.40 per. I Put in an order, will report how the service is.
https://italfasteners.com/product/10-pi ... -92139070/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Please do, as I think we are missing a couple when they sledge-hammered the dash apart removing the service equipment when the car was retired.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

smwalker wrote:They do come in 10 packs but not sure if every dealer would sell you the whole pack or piece it out to you at $5 a piece like they like to do with fasteners.
I just confirmed with my local Chevy dealer that the $5.03 list price is PER PIECE, and the packaging is 10 pieces per package, so going with an aftermarket source is a 90% or more savings over the same part under the OEM PN at list price (10 clips would be over $50). Individual piece cost for me from the dealer is $3.47.

$0.40 to $0.50 is a bargain, but be careful with minimum quantity or other order requirements--if you only need 2, and the aftermarket sells them in 25 piece packages, you may be better to go to the dealer....but, as Steve suggests, not all dealers will break a package, and may force the customer to buy the 10-piece pack just to get those 2 parts needed, especially for a special-order item that has no dealer demand history.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

What about the other kind that has a round head and attaches things like the side console parts on a 9c3?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Just FYI - I like this store. Just last week I ordered some Mercedes clips from them, good people to deal with. GOOD FIND on those ^#&^#&* little plastic clips Steve!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Can confirm very good service by Ital products. priority shipping, looks to be good quality. I got 20 clips if anyone needs a onesies let me know.
xcidmigs wrote:What about the other kind that has a round head and attaches things like the side console parts on a 9c3?
Just looking at the parts diagram and since those come already attached to the panel they do not list them out separately. Have to take some measurements and see what you can match up on the clip sites.

EDIT: or I think Paul pictured them here: http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php? ... post370077" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is a GM part Number 90459628 but nothing listed on the Clips sites.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Happened to be browsing around to day and came across our white clips. Seems they are called Riblok Clips. Might help in finding some if you need them.

EFC International - Riblok Trim Clips
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Hmm, with that site, you gotta know the size, THEN, call for a quote.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?