Console conversion?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Jt.kline19

Console conversion?

Post by Jt.kline19 »

I recently acquired a 2009 G8 center console and shifter assembly. I need a little bit of guidance. I need to know how I take the stock shifter out of the car, and replace it with the G8. Are the bolts located underneath the car? Any help would be appreciated, and I might be in possession of 2 more console assemblies if anyone is interested lol
indianajoe

Re: Console conversion?

Post by indianajoe »

I'm almost done with this swap myself, viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1065 <-this thread by PPV has tons of good info, and parts needed. You are gonna need the center support and cover from the 9c3.

the shifter is held on on by four bolts under the car, i don't have any pics unfortunately.

the top cover for the 9c1 "console" just pulls off (you've probably done this already lol)

the parking brake needs to be removed, you should be able to loosen the tensioner screw and take the cables apart
the cable that goes to the pedal in the footwell has a plastic clip that needs to be pushed through the hole on the console, and the rear cable needs to be removed from the pivoting assembly
(the parking brake pedal does need to be removed, there's no apparent way to retain the foot setup, i found the metal conduit on top of the dead pedal annoying anyway, o removing it was a plus for me)
undo the 4 13mm nuts near the seat belt buckles, and the 2 12mm bolts towards the back and pull back to take the console piece out

then get under the car and undo the shifter bolts (i think they're 13mm too)
undo the bolt that holds the gear select rod, and you should be able to wriggle it free and remove the shifter assembly from inside the car

to remove the parking brake pedal, there's a few brackets holding it to the driver footwell, and there's one bolt holding the pedal assembly to the car
I had to push the pedal slightly in to expose the bolt, its a little hidden by the pedal arm
(also undo the bolt for the brake sensor, I havent gotten around to wiring it to the one in the g8 console)

I don't have any pics right now, I'll try to get some after work tomorrow or wednesday,

do you have ALL the g8 parts? I'm asking because the yard i got mine from left out some of the ducting for the rear vents so i had to go back and get it lol