Car covers by COVERCRAFT

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
novadeuce

Car covers by COVERCRAFT

Post by novadeuce »

Bill Harper and myself are currently working with COVERCRAFT on a cover specifically for our cars. They have a facility in Austrailia and have the pattern for the Ausie Caprice. However, it does not incorporate the spoiler in their design. Bill is going to be passing through OK this week and will be stopping by for them to test fit the cover. The spoiler shouldnt be an issue with heavier outdoor fabrics but could be for the indoor Form Fit. So, they are going to check it out and modify the pattern if needed. We will update this thread as we get more information. http://www.covercraft.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scott Walker
walker2311@att.net
2013 1LE Camaro
2011 9C3 PPV,wm rear spoiler,rear diffusor, lower chrome trim, wm rockers ss, fog lights, lower grill, chrome/black door handles, custom recessed factory grill, coil overs coming 2013 Camaro wheels in midnight silver in 20 x 8 and 20 x 9, 2014 SS exhaust tips
1952 Chevy Truck LS Conversion
1967 Chevy II Nova
1967 Chevy II Nova 1 Owner (just got her)
1964 Ford F100 (Bastardized in early 80's with chevy stuff)
1971 Datsun 510 (LS project ? Have a motor setup)
Crazy Paul

Re: Car covers by COVERCRAFT

Post by Crazy Paul »

E2 HSV Grange is long wheelbase WM with a lip spoiler. They already make a cover for it in Oz.

Covercraft Form-Fit (Grange)
CODE: CC-FF17213FB
novadeuce

Post by novadeuce »

Bill Harper stopped by COVERCRAFT yesterday and they did a test fit on his car with the cover that CP spoke of above. They are going to make some minor modifications to the pattern and we will keep you informed as we hear more from them.
Scott Walker
walker2311@att.net
2013 1LE Camaro
2011 9C3 PPV,wm rear spoiler,rear diffusor, lower chrome trim, wm rockers ss, fog lights, lower grill, chrome/black door handles, custom recessed factory grill, coil overs coming 2013 Camaro wheels in midnight silver in 20 x 8 and 20 x 9, 2014 SS exhaust tips
1952 Chevy Truck LS Conversion
1967 Chevy II Nova
1967 Chevy II Nova 1 Owner (just got her)
1964 Ford F100 (Bastardized in early 80's with chevy stuff)
1971 Datsun 510 (LS project ? Have a motor setup)
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

I would be interested in what they come up with. Car sits along time and gets dusty in the garage. I hate having to do a 100mph "dust-off" to get rid of the accumulation!! :mrgreen:
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Photos from test installation - @ Covercraft headquarters in Paul's Valley OK. Great folks to work with--they were expecting me (thanks to Scott's coordination effort), and had me bring the car right into the design shop.

First two pictures show the cover designer, Joe Amatuzzo, checking fit, and marking various areas to modify on the test cover. He also shortened the antenna sleeve, which was quite a bit longer than it needed to be. The indoor cover is a much tighter fit than this cover, using a material with some stretch. He indicated that the indoor cover is actually about 15% smaller than standard/outdoor covers in order to fit that way. This test fit was before rear spoiler was installed--no problems anticipated.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Scott now has his cover--here's a few pics (sorry for the "supersize"):
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Smaller pics
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

What is the price going to be?

Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
bkwagonss

Post by bkwagonss »

I like the form fitted one.
It will probably stay on better in the wind.
I still have my cover from the Camaro and it is big enough to fit the Caprice, except for the antenna.
You can buy shorter antennas but I like the longer antenna for some reason.

I was just thinking of getting a new cover because my car sits out in the hot sun all day at work and thought it might help.
I'm at least going to get a sun shade for the windshield.
2011 Caprice PPV 9C3 "karma"
2003 Silverado
1950 Chevy Fleetline
2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid (wife's car)
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Tom, maybe Scott will provide his cost info--I know it wasn't cheap, as the Form-Fit version is, I believe, the most expensive thing Covercraft offers.

The C17213 cover is not something that will be "on the shelf" ready to ship (as if anything they do is), considering the VERY low volume/demand and multiple options as far as material and color. Buying a PPV cover, based on the Caprice body pattern, is a custom cover, even if it's done with the cheapest material offered.

What we might do is work on a Group Purchase arrangement to submit a consolidated order, and, even though each cover ordered might be different from any other in the order, we'd get them to do a quantity buy pricing deal--some level of discount based on the number ordered at one time.

Anyone who would like to know if that is possible, take a look at the website, figure out what material and color you may want, and let me know your "specs"--I'll compile a list, contact the Sales guy I met there, and see what can be done.