Freshly Decommisioned Cruiser

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Siid

Freshly Decommisioned Cruiser

Post by Siid »

They're small details, but entirely necessary.

Sheriffs Office decals were taken off and they left the extra residue on the car.
Sat down to go ahead and remove it all. Also went ahead and debadged the "Caprice" badge and dealership badge.

Aside from dumping a bottle of goo gone all over my phone, I'm pleased with the results.

Trunk after

Drivers side BEFORE

Drivers side AFTER

Passenger BEFORE

Passenger AFTER

Siid

Re: Freshly Decommisioned Cruiser

Post by Siid »

A friend had a big roll of white vinyl and sold it to me cheap. Decided to wrap the strip under the chrome on the trunk. It was my first time wrapping, so I started out poorly. But after I got towards the second half of the trunk I had learned a lot. I'm sure I'll redo it soon when I have another set of hands to hold the trunk down a little bit.

smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Way to bring er back to factory! Looks real nice!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Siid

Post by Siid »

smwalker wrote:Way to bring er back to factory! Looks real nice!
Thanks! I knew it was dirty and had some residue on it, but once I sat down and looked real close I realized just how much she would clean up. A lot of the small pieces of residue looked like dings that had chipped down to primer. The seller of the car even pointed them out as dings and I thought they were haha.

Now I need to decide if I like the chrome bar in its chrome state or in its new white form. Leaving town in it tomorrow for a few days so that should give me time to decide which I like best.

Thoughts anyone?
Silversled

Post by Silversled »

Siid, I see you got the rear chrome wrapped. Nice job. I'm going back and forth on the white trim on white car. Hmm
2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV
2014 Chevrolet Stingray Z51
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
Siid

Post by Siid »

Silversled wrote:Siid, I see you got the rear chrome wrapped. Nice job. I'm going back and forth on the white trim on white car. Hmm

Yessir! Thanks for the pointers!
I'm thinking I'll be removing it though. White doesn't match up perfectly and the chrome strip helps the bottom white trunk strip blend a little better