Front seat swaps?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Siid

Front seat swaps?

Post by Siid »

Who all has changed out front seats? I have the chance to snag some black leather GTO front seats for $200 and figured it may be worth the money. I think they'd be more comfortable as a driving seat over the couch like OEM seats ha.
indianajoe

Re: Front seat swaps?

Post by indianajoe »

a few members (myself included) have switched to G8 seats, although the airbags wont work without rewiring the whole seat like wigid did in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I'm not sure about GTO seats, you'd have to make sure they have the same mounting arrangement, and i dont know if the wiring would be compatible
Siid

Post by Siid »

Yeah I assumed there would probably be rewiring to be done. Wasn't sure if anyone maybe had already done some GTO seats by chance!
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I've got a set of V2 seats I'm debating putting in my 9C3 but with the price they're selling for I may just sell them and put that towards some SS seats.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

I've had my eye on a set of used z28 recaros. Such good looking seats
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

S13REMI wrote:I've had my eye on a set of used z28 recaros. Such good looking seats
You and me both. I just can't find a wrecked Z28 that I can afford. That and I already ruled out using an LS7 in the 9C3 in favor of the LSA.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."