Anyone find a new supply for fog light bezzels yet

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
mercialogo

Re: Anyone find a new supply for fog light bezzels yet

Post by mercialogo »

Steve, i have the full upfitter wiring but in and out but have used most of it for other things. I would need the grey switch
1991 Honda Night Hawk 750
2000 Silver Trans Am (RIP)
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Extreme
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

OK Gray got it. Would you mind sending me your factory switch once you get the new one?

On the wires you only need one of the 4 wires to be available on the harness in the under hood connector. Do you have one spot available? May have to rethink wiring scheme if many people already have those wires utilized.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
mercialogo

Post by mercialogo »

I was using my car for reserve LE so i have a small switch box wired into the upfitter wiring. I did wire it expecting to use the switch box to run the driving lights. I would rather run them from the headlight switch and i am willing to run new wire but really dont want to tear into the upfitter stuff again. It might be a better idea just to go back to my original idea and run from my switch box.
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Better hold of then on my complete kit so you can do a custom one up for yourself. I imagine the switch box would have relays integrated yes? Then there would be no need for mine.

I will be posting a group buy you can get in on in a few days of the chrome bezels looking like they are coming in at around $145.00 plus shipping from CA to your door. Then if you need anything further from me (bulb harness or headlight switch) we can add it in with your bezel shipment.

Just finalizing the numbers, should post about it Wednesday. Be on the look out!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
mercialogo

Post by mercialogo »

My switch box has 5 amp switches. If i remember correctly the driving lights will pull 9 watts so i will still need a relay even if i connect to the switch box
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

mercialogo wrote:My switch box has 5 amp switches. If i remember correctly the driving lights will pull 9 watts so i will still need a relay even if i connect to the switch box
Yes, would need a relay there. Let me know what you want to do, be glad to modify anything that may suit your needs better.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
mercialogo

Post by mercialogo »

sorry for the long time for a reply. Seems my phone will not let me log into this site anymore. :( I would still like to use the headlight switch. Just need to figure out how to run the wire out to the hood area and need to find a switched power source.
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Well using my relay set up I did not have to find a switched power source rather just wired the relay up to the parking lights so those usually go off with the ignition so it acts like a switched power source. But the relay then takes the power from the lights from the fuse box and the circuit I picked is technically an all time 12 volt source. But since the relay gets shut off with the parking light it stops flow of power to the lights that way.

But yes just need to figure a way to get a wire from the headlight switch out to the relay under the hood. I am sure there is a way, just not sure of an easy way.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
mercialogo

Post by mercialogo »

I am sure I can figure something out.
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
smwalker