teaser - new emblems

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

teaser - new emblems

Post by Navy Lifer »

Just a couple of new things I wanted to try....CapriceV from Holden (PN 92241409 - via C.P.), and the 100th anniversary of Chevrolet crossed-flags emblem (PN 22901569) used on 2012 Corvette Centennial Edition. I'm happy with the choices.
yes - the rear lower fascia is different, from Holden Caprice - and, yes, dual-tip outlets are coming.....
yes - the rear lower fascia is different, from Holden Caprice - and, yes, dual-tip outlets are coming.....
rear emblems.jpg (42.04 KiB) Viewed 15629 times
Close-up view
Close-up view
crossed flags 100.jpg (37.03 KiB) Viewed 15629 times
greasychevy

Re: teaser - new emblems

Post by greasychevy »

must have flags... thats a GM part number? can you measure height/width? too big for fenders? how did you attach it?
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Yes, it's a GM part--I will always post part info when available and specify when/if the part is NOT GM.

Emblem attaches with double-sided tape, already applied--just peel & stick (after you trim away the alignment pins for Corvette installations).

Note that the flag emblem I'm using is marked (for Corvette use) as the FRONT emblem, so don't let the parts jockey sell you the part that says for REAR of car.

Measures 6.75" wide x 2.5" top to bottom (imaginary line drawn across highest point of each flag to low point of 'V'. I don't know where on the fender you would be thinking of putting this emblem, so I'm not able to say if it will fit the space you choose.

There are the original color flags available (checkered flag on left and red flag on right, too, as well as different (smaller) sizes.

The Centennial emblem I'm using is actually cheaper than the original C6 checkered/red version. Link to Amazon for OE part numbers, here:

http://www.amazon.com/2005-2013-Corvett ... sbs_auto_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are a number of aftermarket sources for various other versions, such as a black & chrome version, which is NOT an official GM part, that I know of.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2013-C6-Co ... f9&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Finally, have we met? I don't recall seeing a name associated with your screen name, or maybe I missed it--if you want to keep it that way, OK, but I much prefer being able to use real names, even though we have multiple Bob's, Steve's, Tom's, etc. No intent to be confrontational about this, so please don't take it the wrong way.
greasychevy

Post by greasychevy »

Thanks for all the info! i actualy decided to go with original (repop) fender flags. I will cut off the studs and use 3M tape to apply them. ive been trying to find original styled ones without studs, but cutting them works too. ive seen the "gel" type ones and wasnt a fan of how they looked. i will put them in the lower corners of the fenders where they would have been on 60s era caprices/impalas.

Also, im Kevin, its nice to meet you.
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Old School, eh Kevin.....they are smaller, for sure, so they'll be easier to place where you want 'em.

That's early/mid 60's - the '63-'65 Stingray's crossed flags along with "FUEL INJECTION" badges would be cool, too!

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corvette ... -1964.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like this one even better--mount 'em just above or below the fender "vents":
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-CORVETTE-F ... 46107c1e51" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whatever you use, the most important thing is that the part(s) you select will need to have a mounting surface contour that's compatible with the spot on the body you decide to position it.
greasychevy

Post by greasychevy »

yes, im hoping i wont have a problem with the contour... but theres only one way to find out.
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
tathrok

Post by tathrok »

Hey all,

I'm selling one of these, totally willing to negotiate on price. I am not 'allowed' to put it back on Amazon (where I got it) as it's a GM part. Hit me up!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/p ... 51089.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tharen, email: tathrok@gmail.com
Cell: 507272345zero (text only please!)
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Tharen....a cautionary note:

The correct "Centennial" emblem to use on the trunk lid of PPV is the C6 FRONT part--PN 22901569. If the part you are offering is for the rear, the contour at the lowest point of the "v" (formed by the crossed flags) is not as flat as the front emblem, and while it will work, it will not look as good as using the front emblem--ie. the factory would not select the rear emblem for the Caprice trunk lid.

Not trying to keep you from selling the part--just wanted to make sure everyone knows that there is a difference and which part is preferred (IMO).