Shark Fin Antennae swap question

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
rmetz202

Shark Fin Antennae swap question

Post by rmetz202 »

I've seen a couple guys with shark fin antennaes swapped onto their cars. Is this a plug and play change over or am I gonna have to pull the headliner to do a full install? That would be a massive nightmare.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Shark Fin Antennae swap question

Post by Navy Lifer »

It's a little tricky--the install of a true OE fin antenna doesn't achieve what is needed with a factory PPV radio. The OE fin on the SS is for satellite. The SS back window antenna is active, but on the PPV, even though the wires are in the glass, it does not appear that the antenna is even used, at least on 2011 cars.

The aftermarket fin covers for the base, as found on G8 & PPV, contains a coil that will provide some reception in place of the stock mast.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1778&p=15104#p15104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Siid

Post by Siid »

I recently installed one of my PPV. My Caprice is white, and I paid 10.77 shipped on amazon.

The install is very very simple. No headliner removal etc. If yours is white and you'd like the link to the amazon item I purchased, I can send it to you!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

^^^^ Ah we gonna need some pics of that ^^^^
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Siid

Post by Siid »

This is the specific Amazon Link to the item I purchased. Below is a picture of it installed on my Caprice. .

Shark Fin Link