Center console lid replacement

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Rjimpala

Center console lid replacement

Post by Rjimpala »

Had to replace the lid due to an arm breaking. Pretty simple procedure to complete. You need to pop the covers above and below the rear vents in the console. About four screws to remove and then you can get to the arms of the lid....
Attachments
IMG_20170430_153147.jpg
IMG_20170430_153147.jpg (165.47 KiB) Viewed 11165 times
2011 Karma 9c3 never in service, Setina trunk tray, trunk floor mat, H&R springs, skid plate, leather shifter, g8 rear seats, tint, rear spoiler, side markers, Holden badges, shark fin antennae, capriceV trunk emblem, series ll & afm emblems, red tail tips, lighted vanity mirrors, black headliner & pillars, G8 light switch, red light window switches, g8 gas pedals, powdered coated colored hubs, g8 matching color steering wheel & color interior strips & center ring.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
FzCobra

Re: Center console lid replacement

Post by FzCobra »

Did you replace the lid with a new one from a dealership or was it from a salvage yard? Can you buy just the lid by itself?
I'm in the same boat you were in, broken hinge from leaning on it to much when I was working on things.
-Rob
2012 9C3 Mirage Glow Metallic
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Rob you can get the lid by it's self and you have a few options:

Plain Caprice one - 92457011 - $250 list they are high.

G8 - 92256451 - $267

Leather feel one from the SS but I believe it has red stitching. GM PArt #92274667 - $270 list, at least it;s better than the plain plastic one.

Leather feel ones from AU same as SS one but come with silver stitching or Black stitching.
About $150 from various sources plus you have to add the high shipping.
Thats the one I got and the material is soooo soft. Very nice and worth the extra money.

They also make a sliding version that goes forward and covers the cup holders for those of us that have short mates and they occationaly drive our cars. This make it so their elbows do not go in the cup holders. A few of these on Ebay AU right now for about $70 US plus shipping if they offer it.

I have a factory one if you would like it for $50. Have a sliding one also that I was going to see about getting recovered. Dont think I am going to go that route now if anyone would like that I will work up a price. Have to see how much I got it for, cant remember.
Last edited by smwalker on Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Rjimpala

Post by Rjimpala »

I got mine in the junkyard off a g8. $20.00
2011 Karma 9c3 never in service, Setina trunk tray, trunk floor mat, H&R springs, skid plate, leather shifter, g8 rear seats, tint, rear spoiler, side markers, Holden badges, shark fin antennae, capriceV trunk emblem, series ll & afm emblems, red tail tips, lighted vanity mirrors, black headliner & pillars, G8 light switch, red light window switches, g8 gas pedals, powdered coated colored hubs, g8 matching color steering wheel & color interior strips & center ring.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
FzCobra

Post by FzCobra »

Thats a good find, every junkyard G8 I've found near me, was missing the lid.

Steve, I'll keep in mind that you have one, but I've got some other things I need to get at the moment.
-Rob
2012 9C3 Mirage Glow Metallic