engine covers

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
nick brown

engine covers

Post by nick brown »

anyone know if the camaro ss engine covers will fit?
2011 CHEVY CAPRICE PPV 9C1 (FIRST OWNER)
2008 CHEVY SEDAN LT
1996 IMPALA SS
1964 IMPALA SS 2 DOOR HARD TOP
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: engine covers

Post by Navy Lifer »

Nick, I'm not certain, but I know the mounting clip setup is different. Since PPV & G8 (L76/L77) are basically the same, the G8 cover will fit....I would have to check to see if the GXP cover may be different (for LS3).

The Camaro L99/LS3 external piping and accessory drive "dress" may be a little different, but again, I'm not certain if the cover mounting allows it to work on L77, based on fuel rail configuration. The Camaro cover hides the PS reservoir access--if it fits, cover may need to be removed to check PS fluid. The G8 cover provides an access to the PS reservoir cap.

Camaro cover parts info: (LS3/L99)
http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAs ... evel=19373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PN 92246784 (cheap!) - a couple more small items may be needed

G8 GT/GXP cover parts info: (L76 & LS3?)
http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAs ... evel=19260" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PN 92068791 (NOT cheap!) - notes imply same cover is used on both L76 & LS3 - again, not certain
gregc

Post by gregc »

nick brown wrote:anyone know if the camaro ss engine covers will fit?
No it won't fit. I bought a Camaro engine cover for another car and checked to see if it would fit the Caprice. It doesn't fit. The Pontiac G8 engine cover will though.
nick brown

Post by nick brown »

gregc wrote:
nick brown wrote:anyone know if the camaro ss engine covers will fit?
No it won't fit. I bought a Camaro engine cover for another car and checked to see if it would fit the Caprice. It doesn't fit. The Pontiac G8 engine cover will though.
thanks for the info
2011 CHEVY CAPRICE PPV 9C1 (FIRST OWNER)
2008 CHEVY SEDAN LT
1996 IMPALA SS
1964 IMPALA SS 2 DOOR HARD TOP