Nvm reprogram 2014

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Combatcarl

Re: Nvm reprogram 2014

Post by Combatcarl »

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I wasn't aware that the group was only for seasoned members, and not for information seekers, I fou would please direct your attention to the CLEAR issue in the search engine of this forum you will understand that you can't just "search" this forum. As for the large picture complaint, I am unaware of that and if you had a fix for me to resize pictures on an iPhone so that I can properly post on this page THAT would be a helpful comment, live a busy and active lifestyle being in the military I do not have time to upload pictures and resize them on a computer.

(Also I would like to point out that that post you posted has NOTHING to do with my car as mine is a 14, as I posted, and my trunk release buttons are located on both doors not under the dash.)

And yes I have only had a ppv for about a month, and I suppose I apologize for that. I don't feel any of my questions were obscene at all. "Do camaro wheels fit" and how do I remove my emblems, I believe are the questions that you mean to be complaining about. Not my 1 thread about am issue (if you read the post it wasn't about the trunk button. The thread was started in regards to the remote start issue) I'm happy to be a part of this group to help people work through the differences between this vehicle and my 2 G8'sl, I'm sorry that you don't have anything better taro do than waste yours and my time complaining about the size o my pictures (without even offering a solution to the problem, or an understanding that the pictures look correctly sized on the IOS.) as well as complaining about my ability to search simple phrases because this is a FREE forum that is clearly meant to help fellow enthusiasts, and therefore hasn't paid the big dollars to have a more capable search engine. (Please see prior screen shot of me searching "trunk button wiring"

But i will follow your advice and read through 5 years (thousands) of posts so that I can personally memorize every part of this forum so as not to upset you in your "surfing" in the mean time I kindly request that you make a conscious effort to ignore my questions and posts so they do not upset you and I will do the same due diligence in completely ignoring you and your comments on the subject. I WILL NOT validate your issues with any more responses on this subject.

Have a great day.
Combatcarl

Post by Combatcarl »

Lol yes Paul!!! I know how you feel about the lights. When I hold the button it flashes after about 4 seconds but no start. On my g8's when I had a bad sensor that threw a check engine light it acted like this and wouldn't start. But this thing has no codes. The only thing it has is a bad TPMS sensor. (Bought new ones and new rims this week waiting to install) I wonder if that could be stopping it.
PPV4ME

Post by PPV4ME »

paul54 wrote:What I would like to "undo" is the VVS option, which disables automatic headlamps! My other cars have had auto lights for years, so I find myself driving in the dark, lol.

Paul
Hey Paul,

I worked at a GM dealership over the Summer and one of the techs was able to activate the automatic headlights on my '14 in about 10 minutes, they just have to go through a setup with their MDI software/laptop. There is a TSB out pertaining to enabling/disabling factory options in the BCM. If you take it to a dealership I would think you would pay an hour maximum.

-Collin
paul54

Post by paul54 »

Collin, thanks for that info! I find the dealerships around here are not overly friendly about doing anything other than the standard stuff. But I know an ex-service manager, and maybe he can call the shop and tell them I am not crazy! It would be great to get my auto lights back.

Paul
paul54

Post by paul54 »

PPV4ME wrote:
paul54 wrote:What I would like to "undo" is the VVS option, which disables automatic headlamps! My other cars have had auto lights for years, so I find myself driving in the dark, lol.

Paul
Hey Paul,

I worked at a GM dealership over the Summer and one of the techs was able to activate the automatic headlights on my '14 in about 10 minutes, they just have to go through a setup with their MDI software/laptop. There is a TSB out pertaining to enabling/disabling factory options in the BCM. If you take it to a dealership I would think you would pay an hour maximum.

-Collin
Collin, I took your advice and went to a Chevy dealer where a good friend of mine used to work. He told me who to ask for, and I brought the TSB with me. Done! Lights again! Of course in Fairfield County, CT, that hour costs about $130 :)

Paul
PPV4ME

Post by PPV4ME »

Awesome! Glad it did the trick. I was really bummed initially when I bought my 2014 because I was used to my 2012 that had them. I was so pleased when I found that TSB and the tech that was able to do it.
paul54

Post by paul54 »

Here is a funky quirk about deleting the VVS option. Before the dealer reprogrammed it, one touch of the trunk open button on the remote would pop the trunk, it was instant, even though the key fob says "hold". After the VVS delete to turn on the auto lights, the trunk release works as it should, hold it down for a couple of seconds to pop it. Really odd! Maybe I'm just crazy, but I swear it popped right open before. Its fine either way, just wonder if that was also a "cop thing" to let them get to the trunk in a hurry.
kevink

Post by kevink »

The search sucks. Search the forum with google instead:

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... ua-tutvDLA

I agree with searching before asking questions. Chances are it's been asked before and you will get yourself an answer quicker than waiting for someone to reply to your question that has already been asked.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.