drivers seat belt tensioner.

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Greasy

drivers seat belt tensioner.

Post by Greasy »

Need to replace the drivers seat belt tensioner. Somebody welded in an extension to bring it up a few inches and its bugging me. Not only is it too tall, I question its safety. So I've been looking at the gm parts websites. What I can't figure out is the connector they are referring to (oval vs square). Is it the wiring connector or the belt clip itself? Also, I had the car in for an oil change at the dealership. He informed me of the open recall on the ignition key but said nothing about the seat belts and I forgot to ask. Does this matter when ordering a replacement?

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-part ... r=92237850" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: drivers seat belt tensioner.

Post by smwalker »

Can you see the section they welded in? Or is it just up real high?

I assume they are talking about the connector oval vs. square. HAve not ever seen the diffrences side by side. Think I can get the one on a 14. See what that looks like.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Greasy

Post by Greasy »

smwalker wrote:Can you see the section they welded in? Or is it just up real high?
So I crawled around with a flashlight tonight and I cannot see a tensioner mechanism. The buckles don't look like any in the parts diagrams. What do I have here?
Attachments
seat belt .jpg
seat belt .jpg (63.44 KiB) Viewed 9404 times
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

thats not the tensioner, the tensioner is on the other side where the seatbelt meets the seat.

thats just the buckle, which has a plug into the car

if you needs one I can dig around my parts stash and see if I've still got the one from my junkyard G8 seats. I seem to recall the plug being the same
Greasy

Post by Greasy »

indianajoe wrote:thats not the tensioner, the tensioner is on the other side where the seatbelt meets the seat.

thats just the buckle, which has a plug into the car

if you needs one I can dig around my parts stash and see if I've still got the one from my junkyard G8 seats. I seem to recall the plug being the same
Well that explains why I'm so confused. Now that I know what I'm looking for I'm sure I can find one locally. Thanks for the correction!
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

Greasy, if you still need a stock buckle I found my G8 one