Fixed floor mats sliding around!

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
paul54

Fixed floor mats sliding around!

Post by paul54 »

I ordered a set of SS mats, just to have something in the car other than the vinyl floor. But of course they slid around like mad.

I used some tool box shelf liner and lightly glued it with some 3M 77 spray adhesive to the back of the mats. Problem solved!
20171205_163822 (Small).jpg
20171205_163822 (Small).jpg (130.56 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
camrat68

Re: Fixed floor mats sliding around!

Post by camrat68 »

Awesome idea!

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I have a supply of the buttons that go in the mat if you want to double lock them down. Seems like a good/clean solution though.

Not sure how well the posts for the retainers would go into the vinyl flooring:

Info Here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1991" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Nice trick! Thanks for sharing.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

smwalker wrote:I have a supply of the buttons that go in the mat if you want to double lock them down. Seems like a good/clean solution though.
What does that mean? i have the parts on the carpet of my 9c3 that stick up but the weather techs don't hold on them at all...

Otherwise great idea OP!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

xcidmigs wrote:
smwalker wrote:I have a supply of the buttons that go in the mat if you want to double lock them down. Seems like a good/clean solution though.
What does that mean? i have the parts on the carpet of my 9c3 that stick up but the weather techs don't hold on them at all...
The buttons I linked to are for the carpet mats only. I would not think you would want to put any hole in the weathertechs (for the retainers) as that would create a leak point. Your weathertechs do not slide around though do they? Thought they were designed to sort of lock in place.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

my weathertechs do slid around quiet a bit still on the carpet, passenger side is actually the worst. Not impressed with the fit either quiet a bit of room on all sides, my jeep's husky matts are better
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Really, huh. Maybe you could epoxy the buttons to the bottom of the mats?? That might be a clean install. If you want me to send you 4 of them to try send me your address. Like I said I got a bunch of them from Latvia!! LOL
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White