Upper Child Seat Anchors

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
lastcall190

Upper Child Seat Anchors

Post by lastcall190 »

Does anyone know if the P/N for the upper child seat anchor for the middle seat is different from the right/left seats? My car has anchors on the right and left, but in the center is an outline of where something clearly used to be, but no longer is (from prior police removal I'd imagine). Is it an anchor or something else? I can grab a pic if it helps. Thanks.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Upper Child Seat Anchors

Post by smwalker »

All 3 look to be the same part number 92205243

Check to make sure you have the spacer (red arrow) no part number given for it but i believe each one has the spacer in there, not sure if it comes with the latch assembly. If it comes to it take out one of your other ones and see if you can find something at the home depot. Even if you just stack up a few washers.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Thanks for the pic that helps.

I took one out of the side seat to put in the center slot, and it looks like the spacer was already present. I will order another one along with the lower anchors if I can't find them used.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Check with Chevin in the for sale section for those bits. Out ‘12 has them, so many others may, too.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Thanks I'll have a look.

Unfortunately I had to order the lower anchors from the local dealer (which after tax ends up being a wash with gmpartsdirect or the like and they said they should receive in 4 days or so), as they are vital to me taking my daughter to child care in the morning. The center upper I held off and will procure used if I can find someone looking to let one go.

Side note, you really fall INTO these rear seats. I didn't realize how much higher the center seat is until my daughter climbed out of her seat in the driveway and sat into the canyon next to her.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI