door handle swap

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Hzgray

Re: door handle swap

Post by Hzgray »

Believe my silver ones matched. At least same color code.
2013 9C3, DoD delete, BTR Stg 1, Kooks 1 7/8, Rotofab, 3.27 Diff, VMR 810 wheels (staggered), King Springs (lowered), oh and a D1SC.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Hzgray wrote:Believe my silver ones matched. At least same color code.
Hz where did yo get yours from? GM?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Hzgray

Post by Hzgray »

smwalker wrote:
Hzgray wrote:Believe my silver ones matched. At least same color code.
Hz where did yo get yours from? GM?
I ordered them through Pace Performance but believe they got them from a GM supplier.
2013 9C3, DoD delete, BTR Stg 1, Kooks 1 7/8, Rotofab, 3.27 Diff, VMR 810 wheels (staggered), King Springs (lowered), oh and a D1SC.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

If true this deal too good to pass up. Says OEM handles, they got the part number right and they got a GM box pictured. One downfall they are in striker blue so a repaint of the handles or the car is in order. Cant beat that price just the for the chrome part is a good deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-G8-outs ... 37?vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A FB member has a set ordered I will post here if he finds they are or poor quality or some kind of counterfeit.

Edit: reports are very good quality, factory parts.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
PPV4ME

Post by PPV4ME »

Has anyone tried the G8 handles on a 14+ where the doors changed in design from earlier models? I am assuming they still work as long as you're willing to lose the passenger lock cylinder or find the correct corresponding cap but wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger on a set. Thanks for any insight.

-Collin
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

PPV4ME wrote:Has anyone tried the G8 handles on a 14+ where the doors changed in design from earlier models? I am assuming they still work as long as you're willing to lose the passenger lock cylinder or find the correct corresponding cap but wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger on a set. Thanks for any insight.

-Collin
No Collin much more difference than just the lock barrel. Think the internal mechanisms in the door are different. The good news is the 14+ handles are common on many more vehicles besides the G8 in addirion tohaving a good selection in the atermarket. Look back a few pages I think I listed all the models, but Camaro, cruze etc are possibilities. And for the most part if you want a painted and chrome option they are opposite from the 11-13 in that they have chrome in the center and painted edges.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

smwalker wrote:If true this deal too good to pass up. Says OEM handles, they got the part number right and they got a GM box pictured. One downfall they are in striker blue so a repaint of the handles or the car is in order. Cant beat that price just the for the chrome part is a good deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-G8-outs ... 37?vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A FB member has a set ordered I will post here if he finds they are or poor quality or some kind of counterfeit.

Edit: reports are very good quality, factory parts.
And the guy just took another 10% off these suckers, He must be sitting on a mound of em!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

smwalker wrote:
smwalker wrote:
And the guy just took another 10% off these suckers, He must be sitting on a mound of em!
I bit... I might try doing a carbon fiber vinyl cover, or have a body shop owner I know hold on to them until he paints something gloss black.
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

I received the chrome handles from the eBay seller. It's a great deal. They came in the GM part box. Must be old stock.

As far as recoloring them, I bought some 3M carbon fiber wrap to try instead of re-painting them. Yeah, the carbon fiber might look tacky but it will be different. If I don't like the look I can change to just a gloss black or even a chrome wrap - maybe black chrome? My only concern is that the insets might not be able to snap back into place because of the wrap adding thickness. Wrap is due in on Thursday and I'll post an update with pics if anyone's interested.

But I think it's a no brainer on getting a new set of handles for $36, delivered.
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
sacsrpc

Post by sacsrpc »

PPV4ME wrote:Has anyone tried the G8 handles on a 14+ where the doors changed in design from earlier models? I am assuming they still work as long as you're willing to lose the passenger lock cylinder or find the correct corresponding cap but wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger on a set. Thanks for any insight.

-Collin
I used these handles for my 14, just had to repaint.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-12-Chevy-C ... 2749.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;