New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: door handle swap
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:04 am
Posts: 67
Location: Old Dominion
Believe my silver ones matched. At least same color code.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: door handle swap
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:44 am
Posts: 1046
Location: Azusa,CA
Hzgray wrote:
Believe my silver ones matched. At least same color code.


Hz where did yo get yours from? GM?

_________________
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: door handle swap
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:04 am
Posts: 67
Location: Old Dominion
smwalker wrote:
Hzgray wrote:
Believe my silver ones matched. At least same color code.


Hz where did yo get yours from? GM?


I ordered them through Pace Performance but believe they got them from a GM supplier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: door handle swap
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:44 am
Posts: 1046
Location: Azusa,CA
If true this deal too good to pass up. Says OEM handles, they got the part number right and they got a GM box pictured. One downfall they are in striker blue so a repaint of the handles or the car is in order. Cant beat that price just the for the chrome part is a good deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-G8-outs ... 37?vxp=mtr

A FB member has a set ordered I will post here if he finds they are or poor quality or some kind of counterfeit.

Edit: reports are very good quality, factory parts.

_________________
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: door handle swap
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:05 am
Posts: 81
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Has anyone tried the G8 handles on a 14+ where the doors changed in design from earlier models? I am assuming they still work as long as you're willing to lose the passenger lock cylinder or find the correct corresponding cap but wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger on a set. Thanks for any insight.

-Collin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: door handle swap
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:44 am
Posts: 1046
Location: Azusa,CA
PPV4ME wrote:
Has anyone tried the G8 handles on a 14+ where the doors changed in design from earlier models? I am assuming they still work as long as you're willing to lose the passenger lock cylinder or find the correct corresponding cap but wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger on a set. Thanks for any insight.

-Collin


No Collin much more difference than just the lock barrel. Think the internal mechanisms in the door are different. The good news is the 14+ handles are common on many more vehicles besides the G8 in addirion tohaving a good selection in the atermarket. Look back a few pages I think I listed all the models, but Camaro, cruze etc are possibilities. And for the most part if you want a painted and chrome option they are opposite from the 11-13 in that they have chrome in the center and painted edges.

_________________
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: door handle swap
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:44 am
Posts: 1046
Location: Azusa,CA
smwalker wrote:
If true this deal too good to pass up. Says OEM handles, they got the part number right and they got a GM box pictured. One downfall they are in striker blue so a repaint of the handles or the car is in order. Cant beat that price just the for the chrome part is a good deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-G8-outs ... 37?vxp=mtr

A FB member has a set ordered I will post here if he finds they are or poor quality or some kind of counterfeit.

Edit: reports are very good quality, factory parts.


And the guy just took another 10% off these suckers, He must be sitting on a mound of em!

_________________
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: door handle swap
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:36 pm
Posts: 206
Location: Northern Indiana
smwalker wrote:
smwalker wrote:

And the guy just took another 10% off these suckers, He must be sitting on a mound of em!


I bit... I might try doing a carbon fiber vinyl cover, or have a body shop owner I know hold on to them until he paints something gloss black.

_________________
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2008 Buick Enclave
2004 GMC Yukon
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: door handle swap
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:36 pm
Posts: 206
Location: Northern Indiana
I received the chrome handles from the eBay seller. It's a great deal. They came in the GM part box. Must be old stock.

As far as recoloring them, I bought some 3M carbon fiber wrap to try instead of re-painting them. Yeah, the carbon fiber might look tacky but it will be different. If I don't like the look I can change to just a gloss black or even a chrome wrap - maybe black chrome? My only concern is that the insets might not be able to snap back into place because of the wrap adding thickness. Wrap is due in on Thursday and I'll post an update with pics if anyone's interested.

But I think it's a no brainer on getting a new set of handles for $36, delivered.

_________________
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2008 Buick Enclave
2004 GMC Yukon
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: door handle swap
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:00 pm
Posts: 24
PPV4ME wrote:
Has anyone tried the G8 handles on a 14+ where the doors changed in design from earlier models? I am assuming they still work as long as you're willing to lose the passenger lock cylinder or find the correct corresponding cap but wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger on a set. Thanks for any insight.

-Collin


I used these handles for my 14, just had to repaint.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-12-Chevy-C ... 2749.l2649


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group