G8 console and Carpet/ISO G8 pigtail connectors for T/C

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
hdcjmartin

G8 console and Carpet/ISO G8 pigtail connectors for T/C

Post by hdcjmartin »

Finally able to get rid of the rattly ass metal plate that came in my car. Plan on doing the G8 console, I already have the bezel on the way as well as a console complete with window switches, traction buttons, shifter, side panels, trim, and console lid. I also comes with a G8 park brake cable...anyone know if the g8 park break cable will work? Still waiting on carpet.. I do still need pigtail connectors from a g8 to rob the pinout from for the G8 console, if y'all know anyone with some point them my way. I will update this thread once I get the carpet and console in, here is a picture of my car below.
Attachments
My 2012 Heron white 9C1.
My 2012 Heron white 9C1.
ppv.jpg (96.21 KiB) Viewed 5823 times
CrashTestDummy

Re: G8 console and Carpet/ISO G8 pigtail connectors for T/C

Post by CrashTestDummy »

The G8 brake cable will work, but you need to get the entire assembly, including some bolts and anchors from under the car where the cable comes through the body. Then, you’ll need to cut the end bracket off, and spot weld it to the new cable.

Search this forum for G8 console installs, and the details will be there.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
camrat68

Re: G8 console and Carpet/ISO G8 pigtail connectors for T/C

Post by camrat68 »

Did you ever find pigtails? Otherwise you can just get the correct connectors.
Traction control wiring connectors
Traction control wiring connectors
P5111961.JPG (298.39 KiB) Viewed 5350 times
Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.