Headrest Removal? Rear door locks?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
SSpeedracer

Headrest Removal? Rear door locks?

Post by SSpeedracer »

Anyone know how to remove the headrest? It tilts too far forward. I want to either turn the headrest around or remove the rails and bend them back.

The rear doors will not lock or unlock via the rear door switches. I'm thinking this is turned off in the body control unit. Has anyone had experience turing the switches back on?
2016 Caprice
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Headrest Removal? Rear door locks?

Post by smwalker »

The rear doors will not lock or unlock via the rear door switches. I'm thinking this is turned off in the body control unit. Has anyone had experience turing the switches back on?
16's that should have the little nub button coming out the top of the door panel you have that there? or just a hole?

Because there are no "Electrical" door switches for the locks in the rear. If you are trying an electrical switch that is for the window.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

You are right. I've ordered the lock plungers, it was missing. The switch does not move the window, even when turned on at drivers door. No power. Perhaps that is body control unit programming.
2016 Caprice
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Do '16's have the 'Child Safety Lock' on the back of the back door door jamb? If so it is in the unlocked position?
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
HoldenPPV

Post by HoldenPPV »

Gene is probably right about the rear doors not opening because of the 'Child Safety Lock'. It is a manual switch, at least on a ‘12.

When I bought my car the right rear door would not open from the inside. It even perplexed the guy I was buying it from when I went to look at it, he said ‘hmmm, it WAS working’!

A couple months later I thought I’d lube the door hinges with a spray lubricant. That is when I noticed the little manual 'Child Safety Lock' switch (it is labeled there) right by the door hinges. Voila, problem solved.

Anyway the prior owner must have bumped it while detailing the car (it was immaculate when I got it) and he just didn’t know it.
2012 9C1 (L77)

2008 Suzuki B-King - 2nd gen 1340cc Hayabusa engine - Scorpion exhaust
* (Bequeathed to me by Chris Hibbard 11/11/1958-01/08/2011 — The HibbsCycle) *

#ABG (Always Be Gamblin’) http://www.Gambler500.com" an impractical vehicle-off road-navigational challenge...
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I was actually commenting about the windows. IIRC, on our '12, the cables for the door latch and lock were disconnected on both rear doors. That was fixed pretty quickly. The window switches continued to not work, until I turned the safety lock to unlock, then everything worked as expected.

But that was why I was asking the silly questions about the '16, since at least the door locks are a bit different.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?