Finally Tinted

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
xcidmigs

Re: Finally Tinted

Post by xcidmigs »

These headlights lenses don't come off? Almost all the newer cars I've seen now have the clear part as removable, using something like butyl rubber to seal which actually comes off pretty well and is easily replaceable, HD sells a nice roll of it for like $6 DId you have some strobe lighting holes put into yours?
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

I would attempt to bake them and remove the lenses... but considering the cost of replacement lights if I muff it up, I'd rather have a spare before trying it. I noticed that when you look into the light from the backside, there are lots of small torx screws that almost seem that when removed, would allow a LOT of access to get maybe a small hand in there to clean them. If nothing else, I now see how damn easy it is to remove them once the bumper is off.

No holes from strobes but almost seems that the lens was burnt from the lights being on so much...? Difficult to describe without a pic.

The condensation issue was probably because of me being a dumbass as well as the highbeam bulb cover off for a long time (decided to take a nap at the bottom of the fender well for a few years).
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
gregthrey

Post by gregthrey »

cerbomark wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:12 pm me too...
These looks good, I think it will looks good on mine too. Planning to change it this week.
No marathon gets easier later.
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

Thanks.
They look dark here but they are not the limo dark FYI.
2016 C1