2014 front seat removal

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
VintageIron41

2014 front seat removal

Post by VintageIron41 »

Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.

Am trying to remove the front seat on the passenger side, have removed (2) torx screws in the rear, the front was bolted to a plate the served as an anchor for the computer pedestal, have removed (6) bolts from it, two that went done through the seat rails, the seat will lift at the rear, but is still attached somewhere close to the front, don't seat bolts underneathe, what am I missing?

Thanks!
Sanford

Re: 2014 front seat removal

Post by Sanford »

On the 2011-2013 you have to remove the bolts on the back of the rails and then lift the back of the seat up to "roll" the front "hooks" out of the slots in the floor pan. Once you get the back of the seat so high, you will then need to pull back on the seat assembly to get it out of the slots. I am guessing that the 2014 has a similar set-up.

David
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

Thank you David, I did find that out after posting the thread, I do appreciate your reply, new question?

Seat is now free from floor, but, I want to remove the seat from the car, on Crown Vics and Chargers you just unbolt the seat belt via torx bit from the seat frame, the PPV appears to be attached to a crash tension device via cable, is the method to remove the seat from the car to unbolt the tensioner from behind the door frame to remove the seat from the car?
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

On the 2011-2013's, there is a rubber sleeve that you have to slide down on the tensioning device and remove the torx bolt that holds the belt to the tensioner. Again, not sure on the 2014's.

David
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

Sanford wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:12 pm On the 2011-2013's, there is a rubber sleeve that you have to slide down on the tensioning device and remove the torx bolt that holds the belt to the tensioner. Again, not sure on the 2014's.

David
David, again, thank you, the 2014 is the same, what confused me late yesterday in dim lighting was the metal portion of the belt tensioner which had also had to be fished through the opening in the seat trim.