2014+ SS Dash Swap

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
TXPPV

2014+ SS Dash Swap

Post by TXPPV »

The SS interior will be here Monday and I'm trying to get everything together to swap the dash, seats, and console. My silver box is in the way back from Chris now and I'm going to send cluster and HUD to him soon. My goal is to have all available options working including SS floor shifter and back-up cam (Steve is making my cable now). I dont have the shifter yet. My question is

1. What all do I need to make everything functional?
2. Will the column shifter work with the SS dash temporarily until I can get the shifter components together.
3. What wiring/parts do I need to get HUD functional?
4 Has anyone relocated the tractional control buttons from dash to console? If so do you solder and extend wires or is there a harness I can get?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but until I get into it this is all I can think of now.
s/c'd cav

Re: 2014+ SS Dash Swap

Post by s/c'd cav »

all you are swapping is the outter plastic shell , so yes everything from the caprice still works with it , all GM did for the caprice is chop off the console section to fit the upfitter plate

i dont think anyone has done the hud , or moved the sport/tc buttons

you are pretty much on your own for the HUD , and i havent gotten into any of it yet
TXPPV

Post by TXPPV »

thanks. Traction control should be easy. Do you know what I need other than the shifter assembly? How does the shift connect to trans? Linkage or cable? Part number would be awesome. lol
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

you need the shifter assembly , and the rod from the shifter to the trans , i got mine new from the dealer , it was cheaper and in better shape than what i saw as used parts out there , weather is finally getting in line so i can work on it soon
Ilikemtb999

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

FYI the caprice dash shifter is impossible to remove with the dash in place. You’ll also need to move the wiring from it which is also hard to access. The dash itself is slightly cut for the dash shifter so keep that in mind. You’d be better off getting everything done at once.