Sun Visor Clips

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
mercedessd1

Sun Visor Clips

Post by mercedessd1 »

I had the roof hole filled on my 2014 Caprice recently, the guy who did it was not able to re secure the sun visor clips. does anyone have a good method for securing them? seems like i cannot get the long pin to go back in all the way. it seems that the angled end of the plastic retaining part goes in first with the cut out part facing down. Any advice is appreciated.
mercedessd1

Re: Sun Visor Clips

Post by mercedessd1 »

I was surprised no one replied to this post, I figure either no one knows how to help, or my issue was so elementary that i should have known lol, either way here are my findings.

1. when removing the clip you need to slide the plastic retaining part out first and remove the actual plastic holder (see picture #1)
2. you will then have the plastic parts loose and can set them aside (see picture #2)
3. the metal portion of the clip will remain in the roof of the car, to remove it you will need to press in the little tabs and gently pull down, i have circled the tabs, also the pliers i used. (see picture #3)
4. to reinstall outside the car the plastic and the metal clip needs to be reassembled and installed as a complete unit,It will engage in the roof with an audible click and remain secure (see picture #4)
1.jpg (97.56 KiB) Viewed 9685 times
2.jpg (101.53 KiB) Viewed 9685 times
3.jpg (121.51 KiB) Viewed 9685 times
4.jpg (102.84 KiB) Viewed 9685 times
shawnjon82

Post by shawnjon82 »

Good info thanks for sharing as I will be removing my headliner shortly
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

removing the inner metal retaining clip (from the roof) and putting the sun visor clip pieces all together in your hand makes it 10 times easier. Put it together THEN clip it right back in the hole. I could never get the plastic slide retainer in correctly while it was still in the roof and your arms get tired.
Steven J.
-2014 Chevy Caprice PPV Pre-Production Pilot vehicle RPO code-Switchblade silver metallic purchased 11/2017
-2017 Chevy Caprice PPV- Switchblade silver metallic-GM Show Car RPO code. purchased 1/2018
HoldOn SV

Post by HoldOn SV »

I'd like to see a special policy from G.M. on these b.s. clips. Poor design, they're an issue on most of these vehicles I've seen.