G8 rear door panel question for CP

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
gregc

G8 rear door panel question for CP

Post by gregc »

Hey Paul or any one that might know. Do the G8 rear door panels fit a Caprice? I'd like to swap them out eventually to match the front, but I'm not sure if it'll fit.
K9Vic

Re: G8 rear door panel question for CP

Post by K9Vic »

No as the Caprice is longer in the rear passenger area with longer doors. The wheel base is about 4" longer on the Caprice.
gregc

Post by gregc »

Thanks Gary, that's one less thing I'll have to buy
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Wouldn't normally give CPR to a long dead thread like this but I thought I'd pass along an interesting observation. Neil is getting his Commodore wagon built to LHD conversion spec for use here in the US by Left Hand Drive Utes. Apparently from what he tells me, the rear doors on our cars are from the Commodore wagon (the longer length door opposed to the standard Caprice rear door). This makes sense, and might make it easier for us to pick up things like rear door panels, IF in fact it's correct info.

Anyone able to either put credence into or refute this info?

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Came across this tonight on auto trader, a 2013 with 2014 rear door panels. Seem to fit nice. Not sure how much of an upgrade it is other than styling? Are there even speakers in the rear doors?
2013 rear door panels.jpg
2013 rear door panels.jpg (28.89 KiB) Viewed 11964 times
2013 rear door panels 2.jpg
2013 rear door panels 2.jpg (28.19 KiB) Viewed 11964 times
2013 rear door panels 3.jpg
2013 rear door panels 3.jpg (35.14 KiB) Viewed 11964 times
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale ... 8951&Log=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

elc32955 wrote:Wouldn't normally give CPR to a long dead thread like this but I thought I'd pass along an interesting observation. Neil is getting his Commodore wagon built to LHD conversion spec for use here in the US by Left Hand Drive Utes. Apparently from what he tells me, the rear doors on our cars are from the Commodore wagon (the longer length door opposed to the standard Caprice rear door). This makes sense, and might make it easier for us to pick up things like rear door panels, IF in fact it's correct info.

Anyone able to either put credence into or refute this info?

Thanks
Eric
Had not picked up on this previously - to my knowledge, as the wagon is on the Commodore platform, it is on VE/VF - 114.8" WB, and there is no way the Caprice rear doors would fit.

Caprice - WN platform - is 118.5" (LWB). The rear door pair is unique to each platform and body configuration - thus, VE/VF wagon (SWB) door panels will not fit Caprice.

Steve, I believe there are speakers in the WM rear doors.

http://www.gmoutletparts.com/auto-parts ... ystem-scat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gregc

Post by gregc »

[quote="smwalker"]Came across this tonight on auto trader, a 2013 with 2014 rear door panels. Seem to fit nice. Not sure how much of an upgrade it is other than styling? Are there even speakers in the rear doors?

Actually it's a downgrade because the 11s have a door pocket. In 12 or 13, they deleted the pocket. My front door panels are G8, but my rears are still the original.