Finally installed gauges

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
greasychevy

Finally installed gauges

Post by greasychevy »

Since we had a halfway decent day here, i figured id spend some time with my neglected car. i've had these gauges laying around for a while trying to think of where and how to install them. this is what i came up with not the best location but i didnt want wire hanging or a pod on top of the dash. After i got done i took it for a ride for the first time in a few months....man i missed it.
also they're aeroforce "interceptor" gauges. they do all kinds of cool stuff and you can add on a wide band and some other stuff too. also check and clear codes, turn on the engine fan, and who knows what else.
sorry my car is filthy. And im going to find a better way to mount it than those screws, but i want it to be removable without taking apart the dash again. im thinking....shiny screws?
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Finally installed gauges

Post by elc32955 »

WHOA! That is a very nice, clean looking install for a 9C1, and in a perfect spot as well. You should make & sell a kit for people wanting gauges, or at the very least make a template of your patterns & post it for folks that want to duplicate.

Round head screws would look better, chrome 'em up or use stainless if you want :)
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
greasychevy

Re: Finally installed gauges

Post by greasychevy »

Thank you. It was pretty easy to do. Ill try to get some pictures if people are intereste. basically just made two right angle brackets out of aluminum and screwed them to the side of the cuppy hole and screwed plastic gauge plate onto them.... I wish i could have found a better match for the plastic but oh well. i was thinking some sort of cap screw, or the plastic christmas trees the use for interior pieces sometime. Also i may try to get some paint and match the gauge bezels to the interior trim color(grey).
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue