Seat foam or new seats

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
lastcall190

Seat foam or new seats

Post by lastcall190 »

My driver seat foam is nuked, the seat covering has seen better days... and on a side note, how does everyone else's back feel after driving these cars a lot? Mine has been bothering me lately but I can't tell if it's the seat or something else.

Would it pay for me to find replacement foam and covering for my seat? Or just try and find someone pulling their stock seats for G8 or the like? Is replacing the foam and covering super involved? Never done it but also no idea what it entails. I just want a seat that's reasonably supportive...

Thanks.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
shawnjon82

Re: Seat foam or new seats

Post by shawnjon82 »

I have a bottom with good foam and fabric on a parts seat that I could remove and ship to you
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Changing out the seat cover is super easy once you get the seat out of the car, thats the part I thought sucked, super heavy and awkward plus the front tongues want to scratch every plastic trim along the way. I want to say that the cover is just a snap on part which uses large plastic pieces that come together to hold everything in place. I threw a generic seat heater kit in mine and had them all apart the both sides seat and backs. Would definately be worth doing if you find a good set, I believe the seat foams area same for both sides also
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Thanks. My interior trim is aesthetically challenged, so it's all good. The officer whom the car was issued to seemed to just slide right out instead of stepping out so the foam has suffered the same fate as every pickup truck I've owned.

Glad to hear it's not a painful endeavor. The passenger seat the last time I sat in it, was waaaay more supportive, so I should be good with just the driver's side.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...