DIY custom grille - Walker's Garage

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: DIY custom grille - Walker's Garage

Post by Navy Lifer »

leadfart wrote:If that is 195.00 delivered, I can afford it. :mrgreen: Tell me where to send the money. If it's 1950.00, I'll have to pass.
Bob, in reality, Scott is exaggerating, of course--I don't think he'd build another one if someone DID step up with the $1950 (or I'd have to go slap him upside the head and ask him if he would REALLY not do one at that price--WTH, boy)!

Seriously, it's a testament to his patience to have created it--and it really turned out well.

The further points I'm putting in play:

- if someone REALLY wants/needs mods like this, there is someone out there that can accommodate that need.....or, it's a matter of becoming DIY capable--every one has skills, and you would be surprised what can be accomplished with a little inspiration. If Scott was able to do it, I really believe there are others in our group that could, too--not a matter of diminishing his accomplishment in any way, but it's not really that difficult, just tedious--patience is required. If someone else wanted to tackle this, I'm sure Scott would be more than willing to offer up some sort of tutorial, whether step-by-step, or as general guidance, or both.

- in the case of this grille, the one thing I'd still like to explore would be to see if there is a plastic injection molding shop somewhere that can duplicate this part at a reasonable cost, even at low volume.

- working with plastic, I think Scott learned some things, and acquired some tools and products for working with plastic that might be helpful if anyone else is thinking of trying this, so don't be afraid to ask him.
novadeuce

Post by novadeuce »

I would be more than happy to share what we learned. My spokes person has nailed it for me. Bill, continue on, I am headed back to the shop! I'm going to bore some holes in my mufflers so they will sound as good as they look. Thanks for donating to the cause, Bill. You might want to let everyone know about what we learned on the mufflers too
Scott Walker
walker2311@att.net
2013 1LE Camaro
2011 9C3 PPV,wm rear spoiler,rear diffusor, lower chrome trim, wm rockers ss, fog lights, lower grill, chrome/black door handles, custom recessed factory grill, coil overs coming 2013 Camaro wheels in midnight silver in 20 x 8 and 20 x 9, 2014 SS exhaust tips
1952 Chevy Truck LS Conversion
1967 Chevy II Nova
1967 Chevy II Nova 1 Owner (just got her)
1964 Ford F100 (Bastardized in early 80's with chevy stuff)
1971 Datsun 510 (LS project ? Have a motor setup)
Seabass

Post by Seabass »

I got two grills and found this thread again! But now theres no pictures. Any more info on this floating around out there?
14 Caprice
Looking for a white or silver 11-12
Looking for:
complete stock exhaust
Ls3 intake
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

check facebook , there is a guy that has been doing 3d printing , i think he is making a insert to remove the bowtie