G8 rear seat

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Rjimpala

Re: G8 rear seat

Post by Rjimpala »

Yours didn't come this way? :D
2011 Karma 9c3 never in service, Setina trunk tray, trunk floor mat, H&R springs, skid plate, leather shifter, g8 rear seats, tint, rear spoiler, side markers, Holden badges, shark fin antennae, capriceV trunk emblem, series ll & afm emblems, red tail tips, lighted vanity mirrors, black headliner & pillars, G8 light switch, red light window switches, g8 gas pedals, powdered coated colored hubs, g8 matching color steering wheel & color interior strips & center ring.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

IIRC, that's a one-year or two-year-only option to have those cupholders (early model? GXP-only?). They frequently break, so having an operational set is a plus.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
l77

Post by l77 »

Only 2009.5 (latest production) G8s come w/ rear seat cub holders.
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
Rjimpala

Post by Rjimpala »

I wanted to do the switch and ordered these off of eBay from a salvage yard. I installed them easily and liked the pull down access. However the seats no longer matched and that started to annoy me after a while. So I got thinking and went to a place up the road and we started shooting ideas and came up with taking the inserts of the ppv and sew them into the g8 upper seat back. Then I took the skin off the bottom bench seat and replaced it with the ppv on the g8 bench and poof! Looks like oem seats!
2011 Karma 9c3 never in service, Setina trunk tray, trunk floor mat, H&R springs, skid plate, leather shifter, g8 rear seats, tint, rear spoiler, side markers, Holden badges, shark fin antennae, capriceV trunk emblem, series ll & afm emblems, red tail tips, lighted vanity mirrors, black headliner & pillars, G8 light switch, red light window switches, g8 gas pedals, powdered coated colored hubs, g8 matching color steering wheel & color interior strips & center ring.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

But what is your armrest from? It does not look like the one LSX Jerry installed with the big fold down? Is that a year difference between 08 and 09? Or custom job? DO not think you detailed it anywhere before did you?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Rjimpala

Post by Rjimpala »

It folds down. Why did you think it wouldnt? The sticker said VE g8 gxp 1/11/08
1996 DGGM Impala SS
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

AH now I see the seam in the second pic. Thought the back was one piece since I could not see the seam. DOH!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
tedwards0633

Post by tedwards0633 »

Following.
SBRMD

Post by SBRMD »

Guys,

Does anyone know whether the cloth/vinyl G8 seats ever came with the armrest as well as the folding center section/cupholders/writing desk, and the late-run extra cupholders in the center leading edge of the seat bottom, or were these features only found on the leather, presumably "upper trim" seats?
Steve Robin
Minneapolis, MN
'11 PPV 9C3 Phantom Black Metallic
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

SBRMD wrote:Guys,

Does anyone know whether the cloth/vinyl G8 seats ever came with the armrest as well as the folding center section/cupholders/writing desk, and the late-run extra cupholders in the center leading edge of the seat bottom, or were these features only found on the leather, presumably "upper trim" seats?
the cup holder in the seat bottom was only on the 09 1/2 cars , and then only in the 14 SS

the center folding arm rest/cup holder in the seat back was part of all the G8's , i think the leather int , had the smaller arm rest that folded out of the larger one