G8 rear seat

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Gerome

Re: G8 rear seat

Post by Gerome »

I was looking at the thread for that wagon on the g8 forum . I too would love to have a wagon and am real interested in the cost of the conversion . It can't be none to cheap to get that done . GM could make this easy on all of us and just build one for the states , I can't see why they would not sale .
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I know we're really off topic here but here's the pic of the Maloo conversion that is in our area. Neil's said today it's now gone to it's new owner in Orlando, also a pic of his new (to him!) 09 GXP. Both are nice looking cars....
Neil ute.jpg
Neil ute.jpg (150.88 KiB) Viewed 17016 times
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
phastlt1

Post by phastlt1 »

WhooHoo!!! Just came across a black leather G8 rear seat for $40!...can't wait to install in the 9c1...will post pic when installed

EDIT: Wow, that was easy...spent more time armor alling new seat than installing...would post pic, but camera isn't here...very nice and easy mod :D
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

phastlt1 wrote:WhooHoo!!! Just came across a black leather G8 rear seat for $40!...can't wait to install in the 9c1...will post pic when installed

EDIT: Wow, that was easy...spent more time armor alling new seat than installing...would post pic, but camera isn't here...very nice and easy mod :D
That's cool . Can't wait to see the pictures .
phastlt1

Post by phastlt1 »

Ta-Da!!!!! Garage was dark, but flash helped me out....love the way this turned out.

elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

It's definitely a nice upgrade, I've sat a few people in the new seat and no one's complained. Now the question it generates is.... what to do with the stock rear seat set? :)
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

That looks nice . I may have to be on the lookout for some G8 seats myself .
wigid

Post by wigid »

make sure when you buy your G8 seat that you get these two parts as well. if you don't the center section has nowhere to latch too

08 Pontiac G8
12 Caprice PPV
13 Vf Commodore ute
15 Chevy SS sedan
17 SS VF commodore wagon
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Man, it's starting to look like I need to 'assist' a friend of mine to total his wife's G8! :twisted:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Dtmhat

Post by Dtmhat »

I did an install with gxp seats. Everything went well but I disconnected or severed some wire or another. The dealership said they will hook it back up with not issue, does anyone know what I did wrong?