Hitting my breaking point - driver's seat help

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Hesher

Hitting my breaking point - driver's seat help

Post by Hesher »

Ok, I've owned my Caprice for a little over a year. I drive it 2 hours a day to and from work. My driver's seat is terrible - hurts my back and just generally uncomfortable.

I thought it was the bolsters, as the left side was broken down. A few months ago I replaced the seat bottom with a 'pristine' one from a G8. With the G8 bottom and Cap back it's still just as bad. Any other suggestions? Is the G8 back going to be a worthwhile upgrade?

I would love to swap in an aftermarket seat, but with the airbag I know that's out. Advice?

Thanks all!

Jason
2012 Caprice 9C1
1997 Jeep Wrangler
1997 Lexus LX450
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1977 Ford F150
Mooseman

Re: Hitting my breaking point - driver's seat help

Post by Mooseman »

Yes, an entire G8 seat is the ticket. I did this swap and don't regret it.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I have several Caprices and all of them have a different comfort level. The worst ones are the patrol cars and most comfortable are the staff/supervisor cars. May be able to swap the foam from side to side. My wife has done 900 mile, one day trips and has not complained about the seat.

David
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3266&p=25216#p25216

Seems familiar. I have since swapped in SS seats and a better lumbar support. No discomfort at all. From my post linked above, biggest improvement was a lumbar pad. Also, I removed the headrest and bent the two steel beams straight so that my head/neck, are not pressed down.
2016 Caprice
Hesher

Post by Hesher »

Thanks for the updates, all. i have a lumbar pad on the way and I think I might bend those headrest posts too....it does seem to always be pressing me down.

Thanks!

Jason
2012 Caprice 9C1
1997 Jeep Wrangler
1997 Lexus LX450
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1977 Ford F150