Nearing Exterior Completion

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
gregc

Re: Nearing Exterior Completion

Post by gregc »

Looks really nice with that drop.
l77

Post by l77 »

Looks nice! What rear diffuser did you put on, could you pls post a pic?
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
novadeuce

Post by novadeuce »

Diffuser came from C.P.
Bill Harper may be able to elaborate on this.
Scott Walker
walker2311@att.net
2013 1LE Camaro
2011 9C3 PPV,wm rear spoiler,rear diffusor, lower chrome trim, wm rockers ss, fog lights, lower grill, chrome/black door handles, custom recessed factory grill, coil overs coming 2013 Camaro wheels in midnight silver in 20 x 8 and 20 x 9, 2014 SS exhaust tips
1952 Chevy Truck LS Conversion
1967 Chevy II Nova
1967 Chevy II Nova 1 Owner (just got her)
1964 Ford F100 (Bastardized in early 80's with chevy stuff)
1971 Datsun 510 (LS project ? Have a motor setup)
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

l77 wrote:Looks nice! What rear diffuser did you put on, could you pls post a pic?
http://www.netcarshow.com/holden/2011-v ... per_03.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
l77

Post by l77 »

Crazy Paul wrote:
l77 wrote:Looks nice! What rear diffuser did you put on, could you pls post a pic?
http://www.netcarshow.com/holden/2011-v ... per_03.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Paul, will larger say 3.5" or 4" quad exhaust tips fit in the opening?
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Scott or Bill, I need to know where you guys got the material for the lower grill. I managed to suck something up in that opening which damaged the A\C condenser, which cost me a bunch of money. I want to put a lower grill in the car so it does not happen again.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Tom, the details are posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crazy Paul is the source. I have some other items there (at CP's) to be shipped, and this part probably needs to be shipped here "in quantity" as it's turning out to be somewhat in demand--and for the very reason you've inquired, so it seems that it might be a good idea to gather up a bunch of these for other PPV owners, since it's not available here. There are at least 3 cars now with this mod.

Point is we need to look at a combined shipment, and there may be other things to be brought over at the same time. Always looking for ways to reduce shipping cost from Oz....we should talk!
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

For the PPV, the identification of the part being called "diffuser" is actually an "insert panel".
http://www.gmoutletparts.com/chevrolet/ ... sert-panel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was a 2011-only part option, as the bumper cover was re-designed for 2012 to do away with this panel. The version identified by the PN info linked above is the smooth (PPV production) part.
This is the original smooth panel.  There is at least one 2011 PPV that was produced with the same panel (from CP) as is now on Scott's car and mine. I don't have the PN, but it isn't available here (in US)--must come from Oz.
This is the original smooth panel. There is at least one 2011 PPV that was produced with the same panel (from CP) as is now on Scott's car and mine. I don't have the PN, but it isn't available here (in US)--must come from Oz.
2011 cover with panel.jpg (36.49 KiB) Viewed 16217 times
from Oz.JPG
from Oz.JPG (42.23 KiB) Viewed 16217 times
Shows that the center panel has been eliminated.
Shows that the center panel has been eliminated.
2012 rear cover.jpg (35.54 KiB) Viewed 16217 times
The term diffuser comes from the function performed by this area on the Pontiac G8 GXP--however, even Pontiac didn't call it a diffuser--some G8 owners must have given it that name to make it seem cooler!
http://www.gmoutletparts.com/pontiac/g8 ... ance-panel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Language/word choice gets in the way of reality sometimes. Certainly calling that area of the car the "diffuser" is racier or more exotic-sounding than "insert panel" or "valance panel".
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

Funny.
I just looked up my records from Feb 2013 and the 2011 Holden Caprice rear diffuser bought from Holden at that time was Part Number 92159840.
So somebody needs to actually view what GM are supplying there in USA under Part Number 92159840.
You might get lucky and not get the smooth Chev PPV version.

P.S. It's rare but not impossible that the same GM Part number is used for 2 similar function but physically different looking items.....each supplied in different countries.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

I knew I had commented on this previously....look at pictures of this 9C1 in Texas:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=285&p=2419&hilit=panel#p2419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;