Nearing Exterior Completion

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
novadeuce

Re: Nearing Exterior Completion

Post by novadeuce »

Thanks Mike
Scott Walker
walker2311@att.net
2013 1LE Camaro
2011 9C3 PPV,wm rear spoiler,rear diffusor, lower chrome trim, wm rockers ss, fog lights, lower grill, chrome/black door handles, custom recessed factory grill, coil overs coming 2013 Camaro wheels in midnight silver in 20 x 8 and 20 x 9, 2014 SS exhaust tips
1952 Chevy Truck LS Conversion
1967 Chevy II Nova
1967 Chevy II Nova 1 Owner (just got her)
1964 Ford F100 (Bastardized in early 80's with chevy stuff)
1971 Datsun 510 (LS project ? Have a motor setup)
KKARSTEN

Post by KKARSTEN »

That car just looks really factory classy. What seems to be the toughest things with these cars is "taking cop out" so to speak. You have done a mighty fine job sir. Aside from all the aus parts, the car looks like it should have rolled out the factory with those SS wheels on it. Hats off...
Kyle Karsten
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Just passing along some PN info.

In this post viewtopic.php?f=20&t=461&start=20#p5940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, Scott's PPV has the C A P R I C E trim applique installed on the trunk lid. It covers the key hole. This part is a non-US item, since it's not used on PPV, which has either a key lock cylinder or camera in the center, depending on model year.

Those that may want this part, it is GMH 92204504, and is located in Parts Group 12.182

Maybe Karo would be able to bring some in. Changing this part may also lead you to do the G8 rear seat swap, so the pass-thru will allow access to the inside release, in the event that the electric trunk release fails.
KERR

Post by KERR »

so the trunk bow tie and front grill are not drilled?

The truck looks a lot better i think!
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

KERR wrote:so the trunk bow tie and front grill are not drilled?

The truck looks a lot better i think!
Are you asking whether the stock emblems have any alignment pins or studs to fit holes in the trunk or grille?

If that is the question--the answer is no, the trunk & grille are not drilled--strictly adhesive, installed with an alignment jig at the factory. Measure carefully if changing to something like you see on this car, use tape and/or marker (Sharpie) to lay out the original footprint of the emblem, and measure edge to edge of trunk lid to find center.

The Corvette flag emblems DO have alignment pins, but they get trimmed off before installing on the PPV trunk lid.

Your second comment isn't clear--is that truck or trunk?
KERR

Post by KERR »

lol trunk, got to love fat fingers on a i phone

good looking car for sure.