Exterior color codes.

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Car54

Exterior color codes.

Post by Car54 »

The NYS Caprices, we’re they their typical blue color?

I’ve always liked the color. When the ‘90’s 9C1’s were around and I had one I wanted to paint it that color.

I remember it being called Medium Adriatic Blue??

Does anyone have the actual color code?

Really thinking of getting my car painted. However it’s just a wish at the moment.

Would be nice to have the color code.
Car54

Re: Exterior color codes.

Post by Car54 »

Yeah that’s not the deep royal blue the NYS cars are.

Delays delays… someone stole my space modulator.
HoldOn SV

Post by HoldOn SV »

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-19355041 ... 9422&psc=1 WA409Y is a dark blue, but GM calls it Sacr'e Blue Metallic or Deep Ocean Blue.
https://www.impalassforum.com/
JimCT_9C1

Post by JimCT_9C1 »

Car54 -

My 96 9C1 was originally in service with NYSP. The color code is WA9382.
When I was looking to match it I couldn't find it listed in the usual aftermarket application catalogs, but the local auto paint shop was able to mix it based on this number.

Hope this helps -

Jim
2012 Caprice PPV 9C1 L77
OTR Intake, JBA Exhaust - More to come ...
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

A lot of time big Public Safety agencies get their own custom paint & paint scheme from GM with a large fleet order. They'll designate a separate paint code for anything using a custom color (not on their standard color offering to the public) and the only way to get an exact match is to know the code(s) or to computer color-match a paint sample. JimCT just saved your bacon!

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
HoldOn SV

Post by HoldOn SV »

Mmm bacon, yum! A bacon car! Now that's worth 30 G's all day! Dream on Golden Motors! https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/10/20 ... g-chicken/
Car54

Post by Car54 »

Jim, you rock!!!! Thank you. Eric, mmmm bacon, but why in the heck would someone sculpt a chicken to the car????

Jim, owned a ‘95 9c1 drove the hell out of that car.
SOB in color after it was repainted from white, doors hood trunk lid n all. Only part that was still white was the firewall. 3 transmissions, 2 optisparks, a water pump and a few sets of tires!

Brought my son home in that car. Tore me up to sell it, had to bought a house n needed a full size pickemuptruk.

I lived in Syracuse area my middle/high school years. Dabbled in the idea of law enforcement, was going to college for it. Had a bad knee, tore the Achilles heal to poop and that was over.

Long n short the NYS police vehicles color is a favorite to this day.
JimCT_9C1

Post by JimCT_9C1 »

Glad I could help, and yes those old B-bodies are a lot of fun.
Enjoy the ride in your "new" Caprice!

Jim
2012 Caprice PPV 9C1 L77
OTR Intake, JBA Exhaust - More to come ...