Carpet

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
sardillim

Carpet

Post by sardillim »

Has anyone with a ppv removed the black mat and install a carpet ?
phastlt1

Re: Carpet

Post by phastlt1 »

I was going to until I saw the price of the carpet....

http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/92245804.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Find a wreck with carpet, pull the carpet set, clean it & re-install it. That's about the only way it'd be affordable to handle. I've done that in 2-3 older police cars I've rehab'ed for daily drivers before, as long as someone didn't bleed out in the carpet or it's ripped to hell most of 'em will clean. Black carpet hides better anyway...

The other thing you might try is get a black G8 carpet set and do a split install. Carpet front, vinyl rear. I don't know of anyone that's done it but hey, it might work. G8 carpet wouldn't work in the rear without mods because of the stretched wheelbase. But.... it would probably be OK for the front.
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
motorhead

Post by motorhead »

The 2011 9C1 I bought new in October had rubber flooring from factory. I negotiated replacement with GM factory carpet (black) with purchase and sale agreement. Matching set of front/rear carpeted mats included. Much nicer look and a bit less road noise. Good luck.