leather shift knob

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
honor first

Re: leather shift knob

Post by honor first »

Navy Lifer wrote:you are trying to remove the knob/shifter for the 9C1, correct?

other than the guys who've already done it, I don't have anything to offer.

Greg Catuncan (gregc) has done the swap--he would be the best bet, I'm thinking. PM him.
thanks sent him the question via PM. yes that is what I am trying to do
2011 Caprice PPV 6.0 Black
My Caprice For Sale On Ebay
IDLife Caprice

Post by IDLife Caprice »

Navy Lifer wrote:you are trying to remove the knob/shifter for the 9C1, correct?

other than the guys who've already done it, I don't have anything to offer.

Greg Catuncan (gregc) has done the swap--he would be the best bet, I'm thinking. PM him.
My question exactly... how to take the shifter out so I can clean the console. The officer who was issued this car seems to love peanuts and Dates! The floor and under the console center plate is covered in them. It seems I have to remove the shifter just to get the emergency brake bracket out.

So frustrating and I just want it CLEAN! I will remove to mod it later.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I haven't done mine yet, but this may help:

http://www.carmodder.com/view_doc.php?d ... odel_id=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

carmodder is a wonderful site, and was pointed out to me by CP for my wheel update. There's a lot of other cool how-to's there.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

And I can verify today that you put a small flat-blade screw driver in between the top of the shifter button and the shifter body itself and pry it toward the front of the car. It has two plastic tabs on either side of the top of the button holding it in place.

I got the leather replacement piece for our shifter, as well as a new door seal (the one on the car was badly worn) and the two middle b-pillar panels (the ones on the car had 3 holes drilled in them for the cage).

NOW, it looks like I need to replace the driver's side threshold. The bright strip that's on it is peeling up.

Someday, I'll actually get to doing mods on this car, other than just replacing broken/missing bits. It's still fun, though.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?