Camaro Seats...?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
s/c'd cav

Re: Camaro Seats...?

Post by s/c'd cav »

i havent gotten to mine yet , still more interior pieces to get since i only want to rip the car apart once
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

14 and up PPV and SS use the same 48 cavity seat plug. IF the correct wires are in the correct spots is unknown but they should line up across the platform, THe PPV just wont have wires for heater and other options in the SS seats. I would include a pinout listing but the service manuals I have access to do hot have complete tables for this plug for either car.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

im thinking i need to get the pass seat harness to use on the driver seat to bypass the seat memory stuff , but havent had time to go over it all
Groundczero

Post by Groundczero »

Trying to figure out what the worry of using a Camaro seat in the caprice is. Yes they have airbags in the seat, but our cars do not. We just need to hook power to the controls and not to the airbags they are basically there, but not functional. It would not change the overall safety of our car.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

The Caprice DOES have seat airbags. The issues, I believe are that no one's verified if they'll bolt in to either the floor pan, or the seat rack, and I think for some seat swaps, the pinout is different for the power/control/SIR harnesses, which also hasn't been verified for Camaro seats. Note also that there are different seat options for different year/models, which can also vary even on the same model line.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
grittenhou

Post by grittenhou »

I found a clean set of fifth gen Camaro seats and plan to install them in my 2014 Caprice. The mounting points are the same, but the wiring harnesses are much different (see image; Caprice seat on left). Also, there is no good way I can see to mount the Caprice seat belt tensioner on the Camaro seat. Has anyone completed this swap? If so, please share details. Thanks.
Attachments
20201003_145532.jpg
20201003_145532.jpg (4.33 MiB) Viewed 5591 times
grittenhou@gmail.com
2014 Caprice 9C1 L77
2006 GTO 6M
2004 Sierra 2500HD
1978 Trans Am WS6
1974 Blazer K5 4M
1968 GTO 400HO 4M
1965 GTO 462 4M
Skyhighsami

Post by Skyhighsami »

I wonder if it would be possible to wire up the heated and cooled seats in a Caprice. If so if you can install a console that has the switch for the seat heaters or ventilation on it for a near stock looking install. I realize the G8 wouldn't have ventilated seats but would the SS sedan or 5th gen console have a place for seat controls. If not where would you be able to install the controls for the seats?