Lower Dash Insulator Panels

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
smwalker
Administration Staff

Lower Dash Insulator Panels

Post by smwalker »

Fitted some lower insulator dash panels from a G8 tonight into the Caprice. Lined right up and snapped right in. Have to remove the OBDII port, install panel then secure the port again. If you come across a wrecked G8 snatch them up as they are discontinued by GM. See 2 drivers sides on Ebay now, No passenger sides.

Part Number Are:
92254898 - Drivers Side Panel
92254899 - Passengers Side Panel

They have a spot for a foot well light. Going to have to investigate adding those.

Drivers Side:
ImageImageImageImage

Passengers Side:
ImageImageImageImage
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CrashTestDummy

Re: Lower Dash Insulator Panels

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I just need to find a wrecked G8! Nice.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
FzCobra

Post by FzCobra »

Steve,
How did you get the passenger side trim piece (under glove box) to stay on?

I'm trying to install one, and there are only holes for the white clips to go into, on one side, towards front of car.

Did you have to drop the glove box at all, to get it in?
Does your car have an airbag down there?
-Rob
2012 9C3 Mirage Glow Metallic
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

my 11 (all 11) do not have the leg airbag. So if you are not seeing the holes then they may not work with 12+. There should be 3 holes along the firewall for the front clips and three along the front (around where the glove box mounts for the front 3 clips. If you are not seeing it they may not exist. And since there is an airbag they probably do not want anything covering that up. Or maybe they made a special one for the 12+ that breaks away for the airbag??

Sorry it did not work out for you.

But no should not have to drop the glove box at all. I guess thinking about it the clips actually go into the bottom rail of the glovebox. SO it has to be in place for them to work.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
FzCobra

Post by FzCobra »

Thanks for the reply, that answers my question. There is a difference down there between 2011's and 12-13's due to the airbag.
I compared my glove box to a G8, and they are different also. I still might be able to get it to work with some help from Mr. Dremel :)

I'm curious, my glove box came with a light, is that something that was added in 2012?
-Rob
2012 9C3 Mirage Glow Metallic
kevink

Post by kevink »

FzCobra wrote:Thanks for the reply, that answers my question. There is a difference down there between 2011's and 12-13's due to the airbag.
I compared my glove box to a G8, and they are different also. I still might be able to get it to work with some help from Mr. Dremel :)

I'm curious, my glove box came with a light, is that something that was added in 2012?
My 2011 9C3 has a glove box light.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

THe light I was referring to was on the lower panel shining down to the foot well. THat is the one that did not come in the 11 caprices becase there was no panel there to mount them in. But the ligt inside the glove box yes the 11 got those. But I turbocharged mine:

Adding an additional glove compartment light
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White