13 Caprice Rear Speakers

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
miket

13 Caprice Rear Speakers

Post by miket »

I know....its been posted before...I read the posts....

However, I pulled my door panel and confirmed just about everything that I have read....yup I have brand new speakers...yup they are wired via factory connector/plug...yup I checked the fader adjustments...radio works just fine.

Why would gm make a radio with a fader adjustment and no rear output? Are we sure the problem lies with no physical connections on the radio itself or is this a programming issue? Does it simple need to be "activated"?
2013 Caprice 9c1 PPV
1969 Caprice Custom Cpe 427
78 C10 Big ten 350Ho
s/c'd cav

Re: 13 Caprice Rear Speakers

Post by s/c'd cav »

from what ive read , the radio has no outputs for the speakers , which to me sounded like alot of trouble for a 1 year only change

my 14 has the speakers wired and they make noise , i just cant hear them because of the stupid door panels , but im planing to move them to the rear deck , 60.00 for 2 grills is cheaper than 700.00 door panels before shipping from AU
Hzgray

Post by Hzgray »

Mine work but maybe it's a 9c3 thing?
2013 9C3, DoD delete, BTR Stg 1, Kooks 1 7/8, Rotofab, 3.27 Diff, VMR 810 wheels (staggered), King Springs (lowered), oh and a D1SC.
wx39c1

Post by wx39c1 »

I have a 2013 9C1. I can just barely hear the rear speakers with the speakers exposed. I also expected 2 ohm speakers on the front based on what I read about the Holden IQ system. Mine were labeled 4 ohm so I am unsure of what I missed there.

I have read that the earlier radios have rear outputs and the 2013 does not. It has some kind of output since it makes some sound.

This page gives some differences between the different radios and show the outputs. It says that the PPV radio is the same as the Omega trim level and has one amplifier. The Omega should obviously have rear speakers.

http://www.carmodder.com/view_doc.php?d ... odel_id=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.carmodder.com/gallery/image. ... e_id=15911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anyone actually verified that the earlier radios have two amps?

It also suggests that a short can turn off the speakers and that sets a DTC. I do not have something that can read DTC's right now. Perhaps it was done from the factory that way on purpose, or the speakers were miswired. Some people report that their speakers work on 2013 models. At least on the 2013 9C3.

I would like to know if the 2013 sets this DTC, or if the 2012 radio has two amps as this picture shows.
ejf2461

Post by ejf2461 »

I spent 12+ hours over a year ago having a dealer find why the rear speakers don't work and they proved that there are no rear speaker finals on the factory (Shitty) radio. When they hook the rear speakers to the front speaker finals they came to life! I had a local stereo shop wire all the factory speakers to an JL Audio Amplifier which is 5x louder and better sounding. The radio even unlocked is the worst part of this car...the floor shifter is 2nd on the list if your using it as a Police Car!
2013 Impala 9C1
2013 Caprice PPV 9C1 V8