Door Locks Electrical Nightmare

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Franco802

Door Locks Electrical Nightmare

Post by Franco802 »

I have a 2012 caprice ppv that keeps popping the 25a fuse in the kick panel for the door locks. I took the door electrical boot apart and found a cut blue wire which I fixed and does the same thing. I also unplugged the door lock solenoid on driver side and still pops the fuse. Switched the relay with the unlock relay and pops the fuse. I haven't tried switching the relay for passenger side yet.

Passenger side door switch don't even work, never did. I can press unlock all day and never pops the fuse, but on the driver side I press lock and pop goes the weasel. Any advice??
s/c'd cav

Re: Door Locks Electrical Nightmare

Post by s/c'd cav »

lock effects ALL doors , if the pass side door isnt working correctly that would be a good place to look

all the door boot pass throughs can be a issue
Franco802

Re: Door Locks Electrical Nightmare

Post by Franco802 »

s/c'd cav wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:01 am lock effects ALL doors , if the pass side door isnt working correctly that would be a good place to look

all the door boot pass throughs can be a issue
Well I'll be damned. Your the first person to say this after all the research I've done. I'd like to get a wiring diagram, but need to buy a service manual. Thank you for the reply.