Possible answer to the PDIM mystery for Tom

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
gregc

Possible answer to the PDIM mystery for Tom

Post by gregc »

http://kw-en.chevroletarabia.com/cars/c ... rview.html

I found this link online. You have to scroll down to see what the PDIM actually is. On my Camaro SS, I have the PDIM, but it only deals with the remote access to your iPod or Mp3 player. The PDIM has a USB port and mini stereo jack and a 12 volt power connector. It has nothing to do with bluetooth or wireless communications. My Camaro has bluetooth, but the bluetooth module is inside the Onstar module. With my new IQ from JHP, I bought the USB connectivity harness that plugs into the left side of the IQ below the antenna connector. The question is, do you have anything plugged into that port? As far as bluetooth on my new IQ, it is probably inside the IQ because our cars do not have Onstar. I have bluetooth functionality with audio streaming and cell phone, but I don't have a microphone yet.

Personal Device Interface Module (PDIM)
This innovative new function allows you to control a remote audio device – your iPod® for example – through the Chevrolet Caprice’s audio system controls, including the steeringwheel-mounted audio controls.*
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Possible answer to the PDIM mystery for Tom

Post by elc32955 »

Greg,

Take a look at the picture of the PDIM that's on this EBAY item. Does this look like the same connector as your USB accessory connector on the left side of your radio? Not sure what the Camaro has in it for a stereo, I was thinking it was MyLink and it would be different. I'm gonna have to either purchase the JHP harness or build one I think... unless EBAY is my friend again :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2011-2012- ... c3&vxp=mtr
Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
gregc

Post by gregc »

elc32955 wrote:Greg,

Take a look at the picture of the PDIM that's on this EBAY item. Does this look like the same connector as your USB accessory connector on the left side of your radio? Not sure what the Camaro has in it for a stereo, I was thinking it was MyLink and it would be different. I'm gonna have to either purchase the JHP harness or build one I think... unless EBAY is my friend again :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2011-2012- ... c3&vxp=mtr
Thanks
Eric

No my USB connector for the IQ is just a USB port on one end and a proprietary end on the other end. My Camaro SS has that PDIM on that auction.
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Greg,

Can you post any pictures of your USB cable?

Wireless PDIM does allow you to control devices... Connected through the USB or through Bluetooth...

Thanks!
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Greg,

Can you please post the Software Information on your new radio?

Thanks!
Tom Slick
gregc

Post by gregc »

Tom, PDIM is wired, not wireless. The PDIM controls your iPod or USB thumb drive through your IQ and steering wheel. Bluetooth is different, which is wireless. You can't control streaming music through the IQ or steering wheel. You can control phone functions though the IQ and steering wheel wirelessly though
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Greg,

The RPO code says Wireless PDIM... Well, if there is no USB to plug into (Which I do not have), the only other way to connect to a personal device would be through Blootooth, correct?

There are PDIM units that are equipped with Bluetooth...

Later,
Tom Slick
gregc

Post by gregc »

Tom Slick wrote:Greg,

The RPO code says Wireless PDIM... Well, if there is no USB to plug into (Which I do not have), the only other way to connect to a personal device would be through Blootooth, correct?

There are PDIM units that are equipped with Bluetooth...

Later,
Tom Slick
This the ME Caprice's description

Personal Device Interface Module (PDIM)
This innovative new function allows you to control a remote audio device – your iPod® for example – through the Chevrolet Caprice’s audio system controls, including the steeringwheel-mounted

I cannot control audio tracks via Bluetooth. I can only skip tracks when it's plugged in to the USB port. Only phone functions can be controlled wirelessly. I was just bringing up possible explanations as to what your RPO code for PDIM stands for. I could ask JHP to clarify if you'd like.
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

If you can, that would be great! I'll try to get to my microphone tonight...

Later,
Tom Slick
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Greg,

Found out that enabling Bluetooth for phone also enables audio streaming... Logic would say that if my vehicle is equipped with a microphone, optioned KTB (Wireless PDIM), and there is no OnStar, then the microphone would be for hands-free calling... Why else would it have the microphone?

Btw, I pulled down the overhead console, and got you some microphone information:

Later!
Tom Slick