smaller battery or delete

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
xcidmigs

Re: smaller battery or delete

Post by xcidmigs »

Anyone have anything newer as far as AGM replacements for the stock driver's side main battery? I'm pushing 6 years on my OEM one now and think I'd like to do a preemptive strike b4 I find myself sitting on the first cold morning

What about these?
https://www.ruralking.com/battery-auto- ... gJhtPD_BwE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

Has anyone nailed down the correct way to remove spare battery and secure or delete all hot wires?
2016 C1
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

S13REMI wrote:Wow don't how missed all these replies guys! Thanks for all the help, weather is finally breaking in the north east, so I know what I'll be doing this weekend!! I found a really nice light weight lithium ion motor cycle battery. Weighs 6.2lbs and has 625 cold cranking amps. I know this is a little lower that the factory battery but realistically should work just fine! It comes in at 319.95 which might be a little rich for some people, but compared to comparable lithium ion batteries that's a steel!!!

http://www.bikemaster.com/batteries/bat ... ttery.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So it looks like you might have installed this one:

DLFP30L-BS Lithium Ion Motorcycle Battery

?

How has it held up?
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

https://imgur.com/fOQ2USK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the battery plus this.... Only one wire left that I taped and tied up good. Everything else was plugs.
Everything seems to be working fine.

2016 C1
Cumminsmannow

Post by Cumminsmannow »

My car has had both stock ones replaced with interstste ones back in 2016, so they only got 4 years out of the stock ones in tx heat. Both of them have decent output now but i do notice that the motor doesnt turn over real strong. Kinda sounds like a stock starter on a high compression motor.
2012 caprice 9c1
2017 jku
2004 gr prix dd/beater
kevink

Post by kevink »

Has anyone found a smaller AGM battery for the driver's side yet? I'm looking for something slightly lighter than the factory battery, but not something ridiculously small.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.