Holden WM maplight & harness

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Holden WM maplight & harness

Post by Navy Lifer »

My recollection, without reading previous comments, is that the harness that is typically part of the headliner (in other words may not be a service part) is the key to making everything easier.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Navy Lifer wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:53 pm My recollection, without reading previous comments, is that the harness that is typically part of the headliner (in other words may not be a service part) is the key to making everything easier.
that is correct ! the harness is only sold with the headliner

and the few places parting out SS's i havent been able to get one to pull the harness from the roof :(
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

G8 would also be a source--in either case, the front map light will be fine to fit to PPV, for anything at the rear, some extension of the wiring would be needed--not a big deal.

The only difference is that most if not all G8's were black, where SS is a "close" match to PPV, which 11-13 (WM) was "light urban" or neutral, and 14-17 (VF/WN) SS & PPV shifted to "titanium", if I'm not mistaken. The difference in the light urban and titanium is slight, from my looking at components, such as sunshades--not enough to matter, anyway.