Holden IQ with Navigation, Back Up Camera & Sirius/XM

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
ejf2461

Holden IQ with Navigation, Back Up Camera & Sirius/XM

Post by ejf2461 »

My friend gave me a guys contact info that sells Holden IQ units & Back Up Cameras for the Aussie Holdens. His Name is Nathan and he owns a company called ALC Automotive LIghting Customs in Victoria Australia. His ebay name is nathanl442. What I like about him is he sells you a complete set-up. No unicorn adapters to make from scratch and figure it out yourself projects. You can even bring your car to his shop in Australia and he will install it for you himself! I see there are good people quick to sell you a programming job with the so-called ability to add a back up camera...if you have the special connector, Sirius/XM SAT Radio...I have not seen anyone on here that can confirm they have it or how they installed it, and Handsfree calling with steering wheel control if you have the factory microphone. Fact is most of us don't wrench on a project like this ourselves. I want to be able to take my car somewhere any pay them for their gifted ability to install the options that I want and if God forbid is a problem I can call them and have it repaired.

I am purchasing a Holding Series 2 IQ with factory Navigation, factory back up camera which installs on one of the license plate lights and comes with all adapters, navigation antenna, Latest Version of US Maps, Sirius/XM SAT Radio Module & Antenna, A Factory GM USB Port. I am having a Stereo Installer in Chicago Illinois who specializes in GM Factory Stereo. He did my friend 2010 Camaro SS to a 2014 My Link with Back up Camera...Looked like GM installed it on the assembly line! I will keep you posted on the install and a true step by step process to repeat on your Caprice.
2013 Impala 9C1
2013 Caprice PPV 9C1 V8
BlackGT5

Re: Holden IQ with Navigation, Back Up Camera & Sirius/XM

Post by BlackGT5 »

ejf2461 wrote:My friend gave me a guys contact info that sells Holden IQ units & Back Up Cameras for the Aussie Holdens. His Name is Nathan and he owns a company called ALC Automotive LIghting Customs in Victoria Australia. His ebay name is nathanl442. What I like about him is he sells you a complete set-up. No unicorn adapters to make from scratch and figure it out yourself projects. You can even bring your car to his shop in Australia and he will install it for you himself! I see there are good people quick to sell you a programming job with the so-called ability to add a back up camera...if you have the special connector, Sirius/XM SAT Radio...I have not seen anyone on here that can confirm they have it or how they installed it, and Handsfree calling with steering wheel control if you have the factory microphone. Fact is most of us don't wrench on a project like this ourselves. I want to be able to take my car somewhere any pay them for their gifted ability to install the options that I want and if God forbid is a problem I can call them and have it repaired.

I am purchasing a Holding Series 2 IQ with factory Navigation, factory back up camera which installs on one of the license plate lights and comes with all adapters, navigation antenna, Latest Version of US Maps, Sirius/XM SAT Radio Module & Antenna, A Factory GM USB Port. I am having a Stereo Installer in Chicago Illinois who specializes in GM Factory Stereo. He did my friend 2010 Camaro SS to a 2014 My Link with Back up Camera...Looked like GM installed it on the assembly line! I will keep you posted on the install and a true step by step process to repeat on your Caprice.

I thought I read on here that someone with a Caprice added Sirius with the help of an add on module but definitely not controlled with the radio. It was never a factory option. Be careful with the so called "factory navigation". I have the so called factory navigation with US maps and it's not that great. The distance is shown in km instead of miles, there are no POI's and the maps are outdated and currently cannot be updated. I opted for an aftermarket sat nav module which I can control with the touchscreen and uses iGo maps which I can update regularly. This option is commonly sold in Australia as well. Maybe this is what you would get.

Backup camera support, handsfree bluetooth calling, bluetooth music sctreaming, USB, iPod connectivity are all items that can be enabled in the PPV radio and come standard with the Oz iQ version.

It's certainly not for everyone to tackle but many have already.
2009.5 PBM G8 GT - CAI, Headers, Tune
ejf2461

Post by ejf2461 »

Since you are the most informed about these stereos would you mind getting on ebay australia and checking out his store and things for sell. I see he buys newer wrecked Holdens for some of these parts. If the factory nav isn't that good then I do not want to bother. If GM would of just made this a standard double din and used regular heat/ac controls...There I go again! I see where you have one currently so I would trust your opinion. I need to contact you today about my BCM. My Caprice is at Stanley Chevrolet and they cant program the new key fobs with remote start until I get the magic box programmed.
2013 Impala 9C1
2013 Caprice PPV 9C1 V8
BlackGT5

Post by BlackGT5 »

ejf2461 wrote:Since you are the most informed about these stereos would you mind getting on ebay australia and checking out his store and things for sell. I see he buys newer wrecked Holdens for some of these parts. If the factory nav isn't that good then I do not want to bother. If GM would of just made this a standard double din and used regular heat/ac controls...There I go again! I see where you have one currently so I would trust your opinion. I need to contact you today about my BCM. My Caprice is at Stanley Chevrolet and they cant program the new key fobs with remote start until I get the magic box programmed.
Chris White is the one that does the BCM and radio programming. I have the knowledge and tools to do the radio programming but only do it as a hobby and have no desire to get into the programming business. It's too much hassle.

I have seen ALC's eBay store. Seems legit but if your buying a "complete" package from him I can imagine it will cost you upwards of $2k.
2009.5 PBM G8 GT - CAI, Headers, Tune
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

Pretty sure this is the place that just sent a batch over for the G8 guys, if thats the case we'll be talking soon after install then I'm sure ;) PS on that Camaro mylink odds are pretty good we did the programming as well ;)
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6