Need Help Rear Speaker Chevrolet Dealer Nightmare

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
ejf2461

Need Help Rear Speaker Chevrolet Dealer Nightmare

Post by ejf2461 »

I took my 2013 Caprice to my Chevrolet Dealer in Indianapolis and advised that I had no sound coming from my rear speakers at all. Even when I adjust the stereo fadar to the rear only I get no sound at all. The dealer found that the rear speakers were not hooked up. They quickly plugged in the connectors thinking they would get sound. They called Chevrolet for advise and tried numerous times to reprogram the radio. The even ordered the GM part to program the radio which took a week. Now the display wont even come on and they want to sell me a Delphi Unit for a Pontiac G8 which will include programming and all 4 speakers will work. My faceplate on my radio has some deep scratches around the hazzard button and a small blemish around the bezel. Before they ever touched the radio I would try to turn up the volume it would get very erratic and I had to turn up volume on the steering wheel. Questions? Does anyone have a 2013 with working rear speakers? Has anyone heard of this Delphi Unit from the the Dealer? Had anyone had to replace their faceplate. I have a feeling my dealer might be that familiar with this specific vehicle.If the Delphi unit would have the options like Factory G8's had like Sat Radio, Bluetooth, Back Up Camera Etc I would be game. The want $400 for the unit. Im scared they dont have a clue what they are talking about. Any Idea or Info would be Great.
2013 Impala 9C1
2013 Caprice PPV 9C1 V8
GTPprix

Re: Need Help Rear Speaker Chevrolet Dealer Nightmare

Post by GTPprix »

They don't have a clue what they are talking about will email you back ASAP.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

still trying to understand why you are taking that car to dealer for the stuff you want to do like steering wheel replacement and all those plastic trim parts. All very easy to do at home yourself.....

SEARCH
ejf2461

Post by ejf2461 »

xcidmigs wrote:still trying to understand why you are taking that car to dealer for the stuff you want to do like steering wheel replacement and all those plastic trim parts. All very easy to do at home yourself.....

SEARCH
We are 750 Officers short here in Indianapolis and due to that have unlimited overtime. Basically I live at work. 131 hours this week between off-duty jobs and overtime. I can always work a few more hours to pay for someone a whole lot smarter than me to install in the right way the first time. Time is money to me. The dealer usually does me right but this UNICORN Stereo in the Caprice is out of their element. Im gonna have them send the stereo Unit & BCM to Chris White and see if he can bring it back to life. Im also having them order me a new faceplate for my stereo since they fried mine...mine had alot of scratches anyway.
2013 Impala 9C1
2013 Caprice PPV 9C1 V8
mercialogo

Post by mercialogo »

Crap man. That's a shit ton of hours. Hard to be safe and keep your head on a swivel with that many awake hours. Are they not hiring or are they just not getting qualified applicants?

I know what you mean with the radio. I just spent a couple of days getting mine out. I am 45 yrs old and 6'2" not as thin as I once was and my hands just did not want to get them tabs pushed in to unplug the wire harness. I took the radio up to a big time stereo shop here in Tulsa today. They basically told me to send it to Chris and when its back they can help me get better sound out of it. :( Seems that there is not even a modified tablet options for our cars yet. I really wanted Nav too but oh well. Good luck with yours. At least you don't have to take your radio apart and solder in a video plug. lol
1991 Honda Night Hawk 750
2000 Silver Trans Am (RIP)
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Extreme
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
ejf2461

Post by ejf2461 »

mercialogo wrote:Crap man. That's a shit ton of hours. Hard to be safe and keep your head on a swivel with that many awake hours. Are they not hiring or are they just not getting qualified applicants?

I know what you mean with the radio. I just spent a couple of days getting mine out. I am 45 yrs old and 6'2" not as thin as I once was and my hands just did not want to get them tabs pushed in to unplug the wire harness. I took the radio up to a big time stereo shop here in Tulsa today. They basically told me to send it to Chris and when its back they can help me get better sound out of it. :( Seems that there is not even a modified tablet options for our cars yet. I really wanted Nav too but oh well. Good luck with yours. At least you don't have to take your radio apart and solder in a video plug. lol
Chris White, Emailed me Saturday and told me he got my radio from the Chevrolet Dealer and got it to come back to life after they tried to program it with a Chevrolet Cobalt Radio Cable and fried it. He also did my Body Control Module so I can have the dealer install remote start. I forgot to ask him if I had one of the weird 2013 Radios that didnt have the video port. I really want to have the dealer install the rear camera. Their parts dept. said they can get the factory back up camera & the chrome trim from a 2015 that has the hole for the camera to make it look factory. I guess now I just need the video cable..that is if my radio had the hook up for the cable. As far as Indianapolis Police is concerned. We dont get near the applicant we used to even though base pay is about $70k starting your 3rd year when you become a 1st class patrolman. You get a take home cruiser after FTO. 6 month academy & 6 month FTO. You also can make another $25k-75k with overtime & off-duty details if you don't mind giving up your sleep & time with family. Problem is the job isn't cool anymore and its 1 strike and your out. Not to long ago if you got a DUI, a domestic you would be in the shitter for a while but you kept your job. Now you make the news and your done. I am lucky and have a easy gig on the dept and don't have to deal with the public at all.
2013 Impala 9C1
2013 Caprice PPV 9C1 V8